Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Makes my "bad day at the office" look petty. At least my bad days don't usually hurt.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Speaking of bad days, my condolences to all you Michigan fans on the loss of Bo Schembechler, who died today while filming an interview about the Michigan/Ohio State game. RIP big guy.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Bo passing

Middle age bites. So many of "THE NAMES" from that certain era are passing from the scene now.

Ditto my condolences to all those fans up in the BIG house.

Reminds me of my pre teen and early teen football fan years - when SEC linemen were quick, mobile and small. Then we'd play Big Ten schools. All their linemen were 12' tall, weighed 450 lbs and could run like deer. We usually got whupped.

·
Registered
328 Posts
3:44 into Rise - wasn't that KRJR's highside on the Suzuki from a few years ago?

I'm always telling non-riders how he rode the very next weekend following that 120MPH highside... and that's why we wear All The Gear, All The Time.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Amen. I always love to show people my scars when they ask why I wear 'all that gear' in the summer. You should see their faces when I tell em I was in full gear riding the asphalt @ 90 mph.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ouch! The pit lane crash at Daytona still looks gruesome. That was Doug Chandler wasn't it? One They missed was Steve Rapp's crash on a Ducati at the start of an AMA superbike race. Clipped someone with his brake lever. Cartwheeled down the track, Knocked the forks off the bike, got up and made the restart on the backup bike. Brave or crazy, either way he impressed me.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Sounds like something to do with proper timing, and the Ol' Lady's Ob/Gyn........

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm sorry. I had to stop about halfway through. That was just too much.

Thankfully my closest exposure to anything like this was back in '93 at the Salzburgring, where one of the 125 riders had to be wheeled off in an ambulance while I was busy metabolizing beer and getting a sunburn.

If I remember right, that was also the race before Wayne Rainey's crash in Italy.

Like I said, too much. Best face forward and rubber side down, please.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.