Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree. I like all motorcycles. I have always had japanese bikes, but I rode harleys a lot between my second and third motorcycles as they were the only ones I could rent in my area. I really enjoyed riding them - except that I was always cramped (I am 6'4" and you can't modify a rental bike). The newer ones are cool and well made, the older ones are very cool.

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want a sport bike. They don't seem very comfortable or practical. I ride a Suzuki V-strom. But I enjoy riding with my friends with sport bikes and my friends with harleys. Although I have been dissapointed by both groups of friends recently.

One harley riding friend said he can't take his harley on a four hour trip to some twisty roads (deals gap) because he has lowered it so far it does not corner well. A sport bike friend says he can't go because he has no luggage space and it hurts to ride his bike more than an hour or two.

So it would be accurate to say I have a bias towards comfortable, practical motorcycles but no bias towards motorcycle riders. I wave at all motorcycles I pass on the road and would stop to help someone riding any kind of motorcycle. I also don't take other's brand loyalty personally.

I have to admit, however, I snub mopeds and small scooters. Not only don't I wave, I don't return their wave. Where I live, most people who ride a small scooter or moped do so because they got two or three DWI's and lost their license.

My guess is that you can parse any group into smaller groups. There will always be someone who says someone else does not belong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My last post was more a reply to the previous post than the original question of the source of the animosity.

I think it is insecurity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts