Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Amen brother! I remember when I first started riding a "rice rocket" (as they were derogatorily called back then) in the 1980's, and took many a long rode to along America's backroads. I was continuously flipped off by Harley riders outside of any large metropolitan city. All others regularly waved or whatnot. The friendlier Harley boys would chuckle at gas stations commenting on how "that ain't a real bike" or "you look like Night Rider in that helmet" -- full-faced of course. I was more embarrassed for admitting they actually watched Night Rider.

I don't find it so as much these days, but there's still a rift between the old school Harley riders (even if they're just newbie posers) and the rest of the world of two wheels. More often than not, it's not a gesture, but lack of one that gives away the attitude. Of course the hard-core sport-bike crowd is just as guilty, the of course the scooter riders rarely get the time of day from motocyclists.

Ah well... I ride, I wave -- unless I'm leaned way over mid-corner -- and don't really give a rats ass. Too bad some have to cop an attitude when we're all on two wheels. It's those 4-wheelers they should be flippin' off, since they're out to kill us daily. *grin*

·
Registered
530 Posts
That's cuz we're just a blur to you as we fly by with all that horsepower. Besides, without shifting you're gonna get lazy and start watching dvd, taking cell calls, etc. on you Vespa... then you'll be another distracted driver like the unshifting masses. ;-)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Damn... impound in Utah for double the speed limit?! Yet another reason for me not to move to the land of salt flatiness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts