Motorcycle Forums banner
101 - 120 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Howzabout 6 V-twins, a Parallel twin, 2 singles, and an inline-four?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I scoff at 600 Bandits... now a 400 Bandit I'd love to have that in the parking lot

Seriously... any sportbike rider who gives you grief about your "little" bike had better have a bike in their garage with a number on it and some trophies on the wall from the track.

There's a whole other discussion to be had about "Sportbike riders" as opposed to "people who own a sportbike" The two are not the same.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
At least it's not a gay X3. Buy him some 22" wheels instead.

I've got X5s & MLs all over the place up here. My 4-Runner actually sees dirt, mud and snow. But then that's what leased vehicles are for, right?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
(wispering quietly to Luthor) Over there on the right - see that phonebooth-lookin' thing? If we can get Zod to step into it for just a moment, we can bombard him with Kryptonian-Radiation and this will make him weak and.......

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Cheapest Offroad-vehicles known to Man?

Rental Cars.

(be sure to buy the Insurance)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm in it to beat the elements. When its 20 degrees outside or pouring rain my bike is in the parking lot. Just ride it. Oh, I commute on a Sportster, by the way (not a REAL Harley).

The the "posers" look at my high viz Areostich like I have three heads, especialy when I have to go to the stealership for parts for my old, slow, obsolete 'merican junk. (That's when "they" ride: it's 72 outside, humidity at 52%, and barometric pressure at 29.9 AND the bike is polished.) The street squid crowd isn't far behind, either.

Usually don't wave at scooters (unless they're pulling some skillful shenanigans), but wave at all other bikes. I have my preferences and opinions but respect the ride first and love nearly ALL bikes.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Amen brother! I remember when I first started riding a "rice rocket" (as they were derogatorily called back then) in the 1980's, and took many a long rode to along America's backroads. I was continuously flipped off by Harley riders outside of any large metropolitan city. All others regularly waved or whatnot. The friendlier Harley boys would chuckle at gas stations commenting on how "that ain't a real bike" or "you look like Night Rider in that helmet" -- full-faced of course. I was more embarrassed for admitting they actually watched Night Rider.

I don't find it so as much these days, but there's still a rift between the old school Harley riders (even if they're just newbie posers) and the rest of the world of two wheels. More often than not, it's not a gesture, but lack of one that gives away the attitude. Of course the hard-core sport-bike crowd is just as guilty, the of course the scooter riders rarely get the time of day from motocyclists.

Ah well... I ride, I wave -- unless I'm leaned way over mid-corner -- and don't really give a rats ass. Too bad some have to cop an attitude when we're all on two wheels. It's those 4-wheelers they should be flippin' off, since they're out to kill us daily. *grin*

101 - 120 of 280 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.