Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
So...do I get a 1/10 of 1%'r patch to sew on my JR Ballistic or do I go with the 5%'r patch?.....

Perhaps I'll get a 5-1/10th %'r patch and be all inclusive? I wonder what the Robb Report has to say about this...maybe Vogue?...

It's all so confusing, I just want to be free to ride my 'siccle

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm airline crew so when I go to work, I take enough clothes/stuff to last me for 5 days. Kind of hard to put my roll-on luggage and chart case on the bike and keep my uniform looking decent when I arrive.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: So do I

That's my attitude as well. In fact, it's really the best part of my day - the ride to work in the morning and the ride home in the evening. And it saves gas($$).

I use the bike to commute as much as I can here in the northeast, from about mid-March to mid-November.

Oddly enough, I never seem to ride to work on Ride-To-Work day, though. Every year on that day it's either raining, or I have the day off, or I have to carry something really big that day, or I stay home and tele-commute. Maybe it should be Ride-To-Work-Week instead!

John

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
It is a pain in the ass to ride my bike here in the land of afternoon and evening thunderstorms, high temps and higher humidity. Good clothes and riding gear make for one sweaty or rain drenched trip. So, I take the car unless it is Casual Friday and I don't have to be out and about that day. Plus, I tote around a lot of stuff that just does not pack well on a bike. Even then, if conditions were perfect, I'd consider riding a bicycle instead of the motorcycle. I have a smaller tank to fill than the mo-cycle and a good rain would wash off the sweat.

Psychologically speaking, I don't like to associate a motorcycle with work either. It's sort of like having a golf outing with business clients. I like to golf and that ruins it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ride mine to work most everyday, including today. Although the 103 degree high for today will probably have me wishing I didn't when I head home.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I ride to work regularly, all 12 months, as long as the weather is reasonable and I don't have to be too dressed up/carry too much. I probably average more than 50% of the time, maybe even 75%. But it's actually rare that I ride to work on ride to work day.

Why oh why is it in July? The chances of it being oppresively (even dangerously) hot and humid and/or stormy are so great that the day is often a wash. Why can't it be in April, May or September?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
..and not be hassled by the Man!

You don't ride because that Trumpet is always low on oil or having the swingarm vibrate loose.

Have you had time to safety wire it yet?

·
Registered
31 Posts
when i figure out where to park my bike in midtown manhattan, i will ride to work every f'n day. which cop do i have to bribe, anyway? i see bikes parked on the sidewalk, and in commercial-only zones, all the time with no tickets- but i know the second i try i'll get busted.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I work 2.3 miles from home. It takes me amost as long to gear up and warm up the bike as it does to drive. Plus, I pick my kids up whenever my schedule is open. I ride 1-2 days a week when I plan on taking the long way home.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm a courrier, so riding IS work. During the school year, I ride my bike to class, rain or shine. Riding the motorcycle in crappey weather is still better than driving my car - and I live in Seattle.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Used to.. too many close calls with women in SUVs chatting on their cell phones...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.