Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were you, I would look up the VTX owners group online and ask them. They'll have all the experience with every model windshield you could imagine and it will be model specific to your bike.

--The Fox

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with the Fox about seeking advice from other owners. Here's mine from a different type bike:

Buy a windshield you can just see over. Go to Clearviewshields.com and buy a vent that you can install in the shield for airflow when you want it.

FrostBite

·
Registered
68 Posts
There are many fine brands with excellent features out there as you know. My bug killer of choice over the years has been Memphis shades. They have good product support and are well made. I'm now a purist and ride without fixed bags or a screen. It's a tradeoff as most things are. I feel your pain in the heat. At around 100 degrees it's like riding behind an afterburner, but I still prefer that to the biting cold though. Good luck.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I've used NC's plexifairings for years on my naked standards and cruisers. Their quality is excellent.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Ride Nekkid!!

(can't get any more "pure" than that, eh?)

·
Registered
128 Posts
corbin makes a nifty little gadget. I'm not sure if it works or not but the theory is sound atleast.

they also have one specifically for your model.

it's more of a windfoil then a windscreen and it looks kinda funky and expensive..

i don't know anyone thats used one either.. would love to hear from someone that's used one to see what they thought.. I'm thinking the looks are scare most away though.

Linkage

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the National Deflector on my naked bike. It gave me plenty of wind protection, but at the cost of some turbulence/buffeting. The adjustable rake helps (lean it further back for less turbulence but a bit less protection), and it can be taken on or off in a few seconds. I took it off for hot weather (100+ F) because I preferred the extra air flow, and left it on for long trips and colder weather.

Of course, results with the same screen will vary for different bikes and people. Good luck :)

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with Slipstreamers, I only use them in the winter and I buy the biggest barn door I can find. For all year round, specially with it so hot there I'd stick with a small sport style or c*ckpit fairing. That's usually enough to keep the wind off your chest without sweating your butt off from no air.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Griff, my dear, you bought the wrong bike. You bought a bike that sets you up to be pushed around by the wind, instead of a bike that allows you to push the wind back. Poor you. You blew it. Sell that tank and get a better bike, something like a Norton Commando (which doesn't need a windscreen) or a Honda CB-1 (which doesn't need a screen) or a Honda 599 (which doesn't need a screen) or a KZ1000 or any other semi-sporting naked standard that cants you forward into the nice clean non-turbulent air.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.