Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Maybe you know this already, but the KTM Super Moto isn't really a true Super Moto. It's more like a Adventure-Moto if you know what I mean. You wouldn't want to take it on a Super Moto course and try to compete.

·
Registered
155 Posts
crf 450 is a true supermoto in the sense that the first ones were dirtbikes with road wheels swapped onto them...like the crf or yam yzf or ktm sx.....even the old cr 500 gets a run ..not so much anymore though..

the road going versions are a kind of compromise ...as the first supermotos were competition only not road legal...

and nowadays if you buy one for the road you dont want a 8 litre petrol tank and a rock hard suspension and the sort of gearing the race bikes would have....or maybe you do:)

btw an italian firm called tm who make motocrossers have one of the slickest supermotos ever

·
Registered
103 Posts
Back in the 70's I used to hang those big clear bar mount fairings on UJM's. They worked great against the wind but they really slowed down the handling. That was before I knew about handling really. I suppose maybe your talking about the fly sized ones and I've never heard mentioned in reviews that they present handling issues.

Some big cruisiers use big bar mounts but they they don't care about slow handling either.

So to the poster, how big are you thinking? To eveyone else, how much will a large bar mount fairing effect things?

·
Registered
473 Posts
i'm 6' 1", 220 lbs.

but i'm not looking for a barn door... just something to take the edge off an early morning commute. it'll be winter soon, see? and chilly in the bay area. i'm the kind of fella who rides his bike every day to work, and naked bikes are just a bit too brisk for me.

just a little bullet-type windshield or fairing. similar to the ulysses.

i'll actually probably end up buying the buell. my heart is in the KTM but my ass has to live with something more practical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.