Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
It's too bad that we have a culture now where everyone who undergoes a personal tragedy believes they have the right to become independently wealthy. I'm very sorry for the officer and his family, but if the same thing happened to me I'd have no one to blame but myself. A professional rider especially should know the capabilities and limitations of his machine and ride it accordingly.

I'm sick of paying thousands of dollars each year for the things I buy because of the liability premiums the manufacturers have to carry. Why should they be held liable for the incompetence and bad judgemant of the users?

What about the guy that left the bag of cement there? How about suing him? Not deep enough pockets, that's why. Or how about suing the road department for not cleaning up the shoulders? This lawsuit is simply a result of an ambulance chaser coming up with some BS excuse to sue the deep pockets.

Damm all bottomfeeding lawyers and the culture of greed that supports this system of shakedowns.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Last I saw it is illegal to ride over 85mph. So if you crash don't bother suing HD.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Funny, isn't it. When the Big4 sell sportbikes with high speed stability problems (like the recent ZX6) the clowns say, "Just add a steering damper." When HD has the same problem it's, "Kill the criminal bastards for selling crap."

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
You've obviously never read a Pat Buchanan editorial!

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I don't understand the lawsuit at all. We have been authoritatively informed by the greatest motorcycle genius in history that MCN is run by GPTBs and that their information is false. So there is no wobble.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
There ya go again. Trying to inject real world experience into a subject that is supposed to be settled through theory, secondhand rumors and spec sheets.

Tsk tsk.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
"Lowest Crime Rate in California" means that you can sleep several nights a year without being awakened by gunfire.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Nah. Kalifornia has a high crime rate. Nazi Germany had a very high crime rate... the criminals were the govt. The Soviet Union also had a very high crime rate. Foreigners were only allowed to visit Potemkin Villages and never saw the true high crime throughout the rest of the Soviet Union.

The belief that crime is low in totalitarian states is a myth. The criminals are in charge. Totalitarian States tend to be quiet...not the same thing as low in crime.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Plus, it would have been much better if the German trains hadn't run on time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts