Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
If you want to see stupidity in action, just look at all the morons piling on that never rode a Glide 5 feet. Just ask them. They have all the answers. Hell, H-D got sued when their stock went down. I wonder how that one turned out?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I've ridden at least 3 Glides for many thousands of highway miles and cruised at 80 to 85+ many times, 1 up and 2 up, and never had a serious wobble. The bike WILL tell you when you are pushing it too hard in the corners by starting to wiggle some, and I'm sure if you want to push it you will be tasting some turf. My 96 Gold Wing did the same thing at high speeds. I think there is more instability caused by the handlebar mounted fairing than by the frame construction. I don't think anyone that rides a Road King or Road Glide complains about wobbles as much as Electra-Glide owners, from the internet forums I check out. I know the frame can get out of alignment, which was the case with the MCN bike from what I remember, but that should be able to be fixed by anyone that can turn a wrench. I can't see how they could sell hundreds of thousands of bikes for 8 years and suddenly they are death traps. If the officer knew the bike didn't handle well, why the hell was he pushing it in the first place? Doesn't make sense to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts