Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
What did that cycle cop expect the car to do if he caught up with it??? Maybe hit it in the bumper to spin the car sideways. This cop wasn't thinking clearly and he paid the price. Same thing happens (at times) when the "chased" is on a motorcycle, the outcome can be very messy. My question is this: Why do police feel they can endanger the rest of the public with these chases in the first place?? Maybe if the suspect has committed some heinous crime but if it is only for some traffic offense I say chases are ridiculous and only turn a minor offense into a possible felony because of split second bad decisions by both the parties. Harley Davidson should not be culpable in this lawsuit because police motorcycles are not meant for taking on cars in high speed pursuits. Why not the construction crew who left the cement bag on the side of the highway?

By the way, the Buell Ulysses is much better suited for being used as a cop bike. I believe at least one is being used as a police bike somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.