Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I feel terrible for the officer and his family, but I have a couple of observations. 1. Sometimes accidents are just that: accidents. In the US we think that there has to be a guilty party, but maybe it's a combination of things and nobody is really to blame. 2. Having said that: a wobble at 85mph??? Is that "high speed?" Come to the Southern California freeways, where if you go much below 80mph little old ladies will pass you and give you the finger! I have taken old Yamaha 750 triples, Honda Nighthawks, as well as my current ride (Bandit 1200) at speeds in excess of that (let's leave it at that...) without the slightest wobble. What POS starts wobbling at 85???? 3. You might see lots of Harley police bikes, but they are certainly not meant for high speed pursuit, are they? Here we have CHPs on BMWs and I have seen those guys really going fast a couple of times and they were steady as a rock.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.