Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I find it hard to believe that H-D would sell it as a pursuit vehicle. It would be silly to pursue a car on any motorcycle-even a ZX14.

The Glide is good for anything up to 85. Anything more than that and it will occillate a bit. The swingarm is attached to the back of the tranny which is rubber mounted along with the motor.

It's built for leisurely touring, not high speed.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Especially when the sportbikes are more likely to be ridden in that range.

I would guess most motorcycle officers do not engage in pursuit at any speed. There's no way I would chase a crook in a car on any motorcycle.

It's like a dog chasing a car. What's he gonna do when he catches it?

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I guess my point is motorcycles are not used for high speed pursuit. Even the CHP does not chase cars at high speeds with motorcycles. That's for cars and helicopters.

Have you ever seen a motocop doing anything more than writing traffic tickets?

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: A solution to the problem...

Cycle world tested a third link that mounted under the tranny and they praised the results.

It seems like a much cleaner install than this stableright gizmo. Do you have any experience with it?

I think H-D should just change the Glide chassis to be mounted like the Dyna and problem solved.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts

That's it. It seems a much more elegant solution than the steel rods down the swingarm.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts

Well the glide chassis was designed back when the motor was making about 50 hp. Now it's up to 96 and 103 cubes with the CVO punched out to 110.

H-D has already redesigned the Dyna chassis and I would guess the touring line is next. I won't buy a new one until they do. I ride faster than your average glide owner and I want to scrape the floorboards wiggle-free.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
The Road Glide has the fairing mounted to the frame. The E-Glide has the fairing mounted to the bars so the steering is a lot heavier and you can feel it wiggle when you pull up alongside an 18 wheeler.

I just relax and pass them and it's never really been a problem.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Yeah KP. LA is really red. Buncha neo cons trolling the the red carpets.

The neo cons all live near me in San Diego which is why it's the nicest part of the state with the lowest crime rate.

The rest of the state vacations here but we won't let 'em stay.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I like the Road Glide. I just have to get over the Jimmy Durante nose.

The Street Rod is a sweet ride. I just got done flogging one with fellow MoFOs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts