Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Re: Extended Warranties Good For.....

I have worked at dealerships and have to agree. Extended warranties are not really an effective expenditure in most cases. They buy peace of mind, except when you buy one for an unreliable motorcycle. Since Japanese bikes are generally as reliable as doorstops, the extended warrantee makes little sense. When Japanese bikes aren't reliable, the manufacturer usually makes good on the problem. My experience with other brands has not been as positive, except, strangely enough, for Ducati, which stands behind their bikes. As for the cost of the extended warrranty, I think that $1500 is excessive. Last I remember, it should be $750 or less. Doing the scheduled maintenance isn't that tough, except for the valve adjustment. The GSXRs are shim/bucket and only need it every 15,000 miles, so you may want to find a mechanic for that job. But make sure it's not some kid who is inexperienced, or a mechanic who is rushed.

Vlad

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.