Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting...seems like it would be good for people who park their bikes outside overnight. Would it lower my insurance rates? Otherwise, I'll just stick to my disc lock.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: World’s Smallest Motorcycle Salesman Alarm Now Available in U.S.

Well since the top-end is shot on my City X (with just 5K miles, thank you), maybe someone sells a device that lures crooks to your bike.

What a POS. A good handling POS, but a big POS none the less. Thanks Eric. Maybe the guy down the street will sell me my old KZ back...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

It's under warranty right. Do what I did with my lemon 95 Chevy Blazer LT. Fix and then trade the sucker off. Sorry to hear about this mscuddy...If Buell doesn't treat you right we can start a Boycott right here right now on MO.

·
Registered
421 Posts

Wow, that sucks man. Sorry to hear it. I recently acquired an XB12S so I hope it's nothing contagious. What did Buell have to say? What are you going to do with the bike? You raved about it enough and between the high marks from current owners and Burns' old articles, I just had to pull the trigger on this one. I am officially infatuated as it makes me feel like a hero in every turn.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts

Wow, what a drag....That new '07 Bandit 1200S ought to be a screamer....maybe you can get on of them, I certainly have room in my garage for one.

The best theft alarm I could think of is a large capacitor in the seat that'll fry the nads off any would be thief the minute he sits down. All the screaming will wake up the neighbors who can call the fuzzz to come shut the guy up..

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

Yeah, that's the way it goes. Like KP said when it's out of the shop this time, it's gone.

Hope you have better luck than I did. If yours starts fouling plugs and/or the instruments quit working, just push it off a cliff. Save yourself some trouble.

Got my eye on a nice green ZRX. What I should of got in the first place I guess...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

I just picked up a ZRX for a song. You won't be disappointed.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

What happened to sarnali(orig)? Did he trip over stick?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great, another alarm system to drain my battery "again"! No thanks I swore off alarm systems after buying my last of about 4 to 5 batteries over the past few years. And yes, I do use a battery tender. My dealer even refuses to install them due to the fact that they get tired of hearing about dead batteries for their customers. Use a disk lock and save the agony!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Glad to see come back from the dark side..

·
Registered
41 Posts
You know how these modern fuel injected sportbikes have a delightful display of LCD pyrotechnics when you first activate the ingnition switch? They should program the display to say, "C-4 detonation in 15-14-13-12-11...." when the ignition is activated without key control, and all the warning lights flashing. Just a thought.

Seems if someone was going to steal a bike, they could steal a bike easily no matter what, short of being log-chained to a giant oak tree with high-tensile 1". Compaired to a car, a bike is quite acessable with the right tool.

The shotgun shell technic would be affective.

Hmmmm, wonder how I could charge the bike's conductive materials with a 500,000 volt stun gun.....

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

Front cylinder down 20%, rear down 40% and fouling the plug with earl..I kid you not. Why would I make this stuff up?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have a Lojac on my car--cost about 600 bucks, saved me about 6 bucks a year on insurance. It'll pay for itself in about a hundred years. A friend of mine recently lost the key to his Kryptonite lock. All he had was his sawzall with a badly worn blade. Got through it in about 30 seconds. Disappointing. My secret weapon is to ride a ten year old bike, and keep my garage door closed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.