Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cool. Good publicity for the Big B, but that is absolutely insane.

Absolutely.

Insane.

(but it is cool. somehow.)

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
So, what they're sayin' is: the Buell's brakes are SO bad, that they can't even bring the bike down from 120mph in less than 300metres; - even standing on its nose!

Why, I bet even the wimpiest-braked Harley full-dress cruiser could stop faster than that.............

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Shhh! I'm Trolling! Don't give it away........

·
Registered
97 Posts
Buell doing what Harley never could

It seems to me the "why" is patently obvious. The future is youth. You can only sell so many chrome encrusted Harley to the credit card biker crowd.

This type of record is just what Harley needs to provide the Buell with real "extreme sports" cred.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I think seruzawa is on vacation Hawk..

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Huh. Probably could have gone 310 meters if not for that antiquated tractor engine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have ridden a couple of Buells, and they were pretty neat. Not for me, but I developed a new appreciatioin for them.

That said, I hope Buell does not try to make hay from this. Most HD shops I have been in could care less about the Buells and would rather open up the space for more cruisers. Perhaps Buell could put more effort into continuing to improve the bikes? That would actually be interesting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've owned one harley and currently own a buell. I've owned lots of Japanese bikes (and liked them all). I currently buy as much as possible from my local Harley dealer because I've got several friends I ride with working there.

This dealer gives a decent amount of floor space to buells and is happy to sell them. I don't visit other Harley shops, but I don't like to see Harley dealers being branded as anti-buell. Maybe 'most' are, but somehow I suspect this isn't the case.

I live in Eau Claire, WI. The dealer is SortMotors. (They also carry Kawasaki bikes and atv and Bombardier/Can Am snowmobiles and atvs).

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Every Harley shop I've ever been to carried only Harley and Buell - and the Buell (sometimes two, if they have a Blast! as well) is usually stuck in the furthest, darkest corner of the shop. But for one - the newest shop I've visited; Pig Trail H-D - they actually have all their Buells at the front of the showroom, right next to the door.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice to see .. One of my favorite "Underdog' companies. Give them a real motor, even the Korean Suzuki SV clone and I'll think we'll see something!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I moved from Atlanta at the beginning of the year, where there are two dealers that, while they display a clear disdain for the Buells, do sell and devote floor space to them. It doesn't hurt that some of the best riding in the country starts in the North Georgia mountains (Suches, TWO) and leads right into Deal's Gap from there.

Where I moved to is Nashville, TN, where, of the five-ish Buell dealerships listed on Buell's find-a-dealer webpage, every single one I've visited says something like, "Yeah, H-D kinda makes us be Buell dealers if we want the Blast for the RidersEdge class, but we don't like 'em, they don't sell, and when they did sell, there wasn't any profit in them (presumably compared to the MSRP+ of the hawgs)." Also, Middle Tennessee is sort of flat, and I wonder if Buell does better in sections of the country where twisties abound.

Bumpus, C&S, and Appleton have all said these things. They all also said that the "guys who are into those thins are in Chattanooga and Knoxville. OR you could try Bowling Green, Kentucky" (!)

See, kids, Buell's challenge isn't their bikes, it's their dealers network.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Was it MSCUDDY who had a Buell XB that imploded? I would like to know more about their reliability. I know most Buell XB owners are happy and think the new design is reliable but I would like to hear from other owners, especially from whom I know can ride and use the machine within it's parimeters it was designed for. If I missed the whole story, please link me to it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts