Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
XB models seem to be no worse than your typical Harley - which is no worse than your typical Japanese motorcycle. Go back a few years to the trellis-frame models....... you're on your own.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed Granite Mountain Harley (in Conyers, just outside Atlanta), has a half decent display of Buells. But when I walked in looking to see if they had any Blasts for sale, the salesman said they didn't have any and tried to sell me a Ulysses. I couldn't resist checking it out, but he seemed irritated to realize it was out of my price range once I'd sat on it. Well, shouldn't the fact that I was looking for a Blast have been enough clue for him that I was a cheapskate? :)

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Buell doing what Harley never could

"You can only sell so many chrome encrusted Harley to the credit card biker crowd. "

You'd think so. But if it hasn't happened by now maybe it never will. Perhaps there's an alternate dimension or two from where analog-boomers keep teleporting into our dimension's Harley shops.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
If you COULD manage to get him on the front, and you COULD manage to the the arse-end in the air, you might never get him off the thing without a tow-hook and pry.

"It's OK, KPaul - the ride's over, you can let go now! KPaul? KPaul? KPaul......."

Mind, not that I would be much different.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have always felt the Buells are misplaced being put in a H/D store. They need to be put in a dealership with Euro bikes, because that is their customer base. I am sure there are dealers who understand their potential, but I have been able to find few H/D "purists" who have kind things to say about the brand. I personally like them, but it has certainly seemed as if Harley is perfectly happy undermarketing the brand.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Whistling Dixie again.

Typical response from one of Ws weasels of the "Stay the Course HD crowd" of the GPTB. It will happen . Gen Y and X won't buy cruisers seruzawa i.e you are whistling Dixie.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Wasn't that how "Burning Man" got started?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Two years into XB-12R ownership. Close to 10,000 miles, about 4 track days and not one problem. Changed the oil every 3000. Belt is good. Speaking of stoppies though, this bike has a short wheelbase. I've flipped it going into second real hard, and my son flipped it the other way making a panic stop in traffic. Both rider error, but although the bike isn't especially fast, it's an expert bike in my opinion. It crashes good too, and the parts are very reasonable

21 - 33 of 33 Posts