Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am an Aussie, and so naturally I support the Troy boys. But I have to say, Colin as an outstanding example of a sportsman and world camp. He gives due when just deserved. Onya Colin, a big thumbs up from down under.

·
Registered
120 Posts
World camp???? I never knew Colin was a shirt lifter! ;)

Yeah, I agree though, Colin showed good sportsmanship in those interviews. He even had the good graces not to get riled when Suzie Perry made that dumb comment that she'd never heard him say such things before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i personally think that the texas tornado's season was just reborn this weekend, and that bayliss and colin edwards would fight for this chanmpionship till the very end, and maybe, maybe corser and chili if they both start putting in some more consistency, and of course, the yanagawa, who is just making mmirecals happen on his old kawasaki (6years old)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good points.

Seeing Bayliss and Edwards up front was not the real story hear (though it was nice to see some lead changes instead of the breakaway leader that had made wsbk a bit boring just as gp finally went the other direction, changing leads instead of hosting processionals) Anyway, the interesting but sad part was to see Corser doing so poorly and Yanagawa so well. What's allowing the ancient Kawi to fare so well? Just Yanagawa? If so, it would be great to see Kawi put him on something new (and cut him slack for the first year of development), or put him on any potential kawi 4stroke reentering GP, or maybe see a Japanese rider on a European bike instead of the normal converse. Whatever the case, Yanagawa was pretty impressive. Of course, it _was_ done in races that saw Corser and Bostrom crash or retire in both, and Chili and Xaus and Hodgson in one each, so in reality, you could argue that 3rd place was a very distant 3rd in both cases this weekend. Still, Kawi is doing an impressive job with the old beast, as Lavilla has done well with the Kawi this season too.

Hope Bostrom recovers soon and shows a bit more consistency. I'd love to see a 4 way dice for first vs the current triumvirate. Maybe next year. If Bostrom improves as much next season as he has this season, then he may yet be a future contender. Hope he heals soon and can be back to practice, even if not true title contention.

roger

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Ben

The mention of shoulder dislocation leads me to wonder if Bostrom actually has an ACL failure (collar bone (clavicle) is torn from the shoulder (acromion process) damaging the joint and the ligaments holding the joint together). That kind of failure is a bitczk to repair (usually surgery is required).

·
Registered
11 Posts
First off, good on Bayliss. He's been fast all year (except at Sugo) and was definitely due. Secondly, good on Yanagawa, too! You have to wonder how he'd do if Kawi would only update the bike.

Now the real question so far this season: what's up with Suzuki? Why can't the brand-new, latest and greatest, traction-controlled-answer-to-the-twins Gixxer keep up with that prehistoric dinosaur the ZX7RR?? It's not just Monza (where maybe you can argue it's all motor) but all year.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I really have to question what is up with the Gixxers everywhere as well. The only ones that seem to be doing well are the 1000 in superstock and the 750 in the AMA. The 600 was supposed to be a world beater and it is invisible. The 750 is invisible in WSB.

Even the two stroke is doing poorly this year. Did Suzuki suffer brain cramps sometime recently?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: Ben

I can tell you from experience... it depends. I separated my shoulder (in a motorcycle crash, no less ... lost the front on mid-corner gravel from a freshly laid asphalt patch), but did not require surgery. The end of the collar bone sticks up a bit, leaving a funny-looking bump on top of my shoulder, but I have full function (range of motion and strength) of my shoulder with no pain (thankfully).

·
Registered
17 Posts
The dinosaur you refer to may be old, but ask anyone in WSB and they will all tell you that for a number of years now the kawasaki is one of the best handling motorcycles out there (and I have ducati blood through and through in me). If you have video of the race watch the kawasaki and see how stable it is and how much tighter it turns, in comparison to the others. We are all aware that kawasaki produce great superbikes and that they seem to have a history of bringing bikes out and then not doing anything with them except developement work and then whamo out comes a bike that knocks your socks off. What a great race though...I was impressed with Baylis when he said on the podium afterwards to Colin that it was just great to finally have a real race and not a procession. That is all these guys want...is to race one another I for one can't wait for the rest of the european wsb circuits bring it on.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: where is the GSX-R750

Not that Chili can't ride...I mean he was way fast last year at many different tracks. Had he not fallen off so much he would have been there at the end for the championship.

Anyway, with that said I have to think it's the people behind the bike and not the bike. Let's not be stupid. We all know the bike has what it takes but until the right team/rider combo comes along it just ain't gonna happen. I must say though last year I saw Chili do more with a Gixxer then anyone in previous years in WSB.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Speaking of right team and rider, I have to think that if the UK's Chris Walker had taken a works Gixxer in WSB rather than spend this year crashing a Honda stroker in 500s we might have seen a lot more from Suzuki. Walker is a guy I know for sure can put a Gixxer on the top of the podium.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Maybe so. But locals are always fast at home, be it BSB, AJRR, or AMA; the world scene takes some acclimation. Yes I know Bayliss was immediately fast in both AMA and WSB, but he's the exception, not the rule. And I don't think we can blame Chili or Alstare for lack of pace: PF was plenty fast all last year (when he was on the bike, anyway.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Troy C. is still very much in contention for the world title this year, don't write him off on the basis of one bad weekend.

Both Troys are going to make it very hard for Colin to keep the #1 plate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.