Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
World Superbike Returns To America

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article World Superbike Returns To America in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Miller Motorsports Park??

First, anyone commenting on "how wonderful it will be" should go to Tooele and be spectator for a few days.

(Yes, I have been there for the AHRMA races last year - I have some friends who were participating. How many days have you spent?)

There is no question that it is a challenging race course. The track and the general racing layout are superb. The problem is that spectators are in for a pretty rough time, if the Superbike races are to be as well attended as the promoters hope. In California Speak, Tooele is like Willow Springs or Buttonwillow, not like Infineon or Laguna Seca. The grandstand seating is limited, there isn't any way to stand around the track, and they would have to bring in a bunch of PortaPotties and mow down sagebrush for parking.

With the AHRMA races, the number of participants and their immediate families exceeds the number of spectators, so seating isn't a problem. The big Tractor-Trailers for WSB could not park conveniently, and unless WSB has changed their policies about spectator access to the pit areas in recent years, the crowds would have little to do between races (and Utah liquor laws put a crimp on the obvious alternative..) except to wonder if it is really worth staying around.

The problems could be worked out, but it will take some effort.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ah come on Frank! It will be great fun! Camping on a treeless, dusty, plain. Baking in the sun, getting sand blasted by the Tooele twisters..... What more could you ask for? Having said that, I did attend the first ALMS race and had a great time. Bring LOTS of water and sunblock.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree....it's in the desert!

It's good to see World SuperBike back in the States, but having it in the middle of desert makes no sense to me. How about Barber Motorsports park ?

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope.
But it's Stiff and scratchy! And it makes my throat itch...........

/whine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.