Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well well. A venue that Honda's millions can't buy. I thought the Japanese were superior at everything? What gives?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can see this year being real exciting in WSB, what with Hodgson taking most of the wins. You'd think with the bleak future of WSb in general, Ducati would help out their non-factory (you know, everyone else on the grid) teams to at least make the sport a bit more exciting than just watching Hodgson take the lead after the third lap and stay there. I really hope the non-Duck teams put up a good fight and grab some wins. I must say the flames shooting out of the Foggy FP1 was pretty awesome.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Aren't the I4s still restricted in some manner? Maybe these results are the loudest arguments for an actually equal playing field, where the I4s get the same treatment as the V2s.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I believe starting next year twins will also be running restrictors in the intake system in an attempt to level the playing field. I think its a case of too little too late. All the other manufacturers except for Suzuki and Foggy are gone, and who knows how long they'll stay.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You're correct

He's on the gixxer 1k. I think that perhaps the news-poster was making a joke showing the Ducati dominance? At least, I'll give them that benefit at this time :)

Does anyone think a non-Ducati bike will win a single race this year? Should they rename the series "World Ducati-Bike Championships (oh, and a few odds-n-ends)"? :)

-James

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny that no privateers compete win on those superior Hondas.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only surprise to me is that Ruben Xaus (pronounced "crash") actually finished both races. WSB is gonna be lame this year. I'll be watching AMA Superbike and MotoGP.

Matthew

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've been looking forward to WSB. I wanted to see the Petronas triple. Belching fire is cool. I looked forward to the 999 debut. That got old after about ten minutes. I held out hope for the yamasuki teams but with the restricker plates (ala nascar) only Levilla had any luck at this track and they should have been much more competitive.

The battle between Martin, Lavilla and Corser was a gas but they were to far back to be considered competitive

Come on WSB let the competition begin or this season will be a snoozer.

I hope the AMA was watching.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
WSB=WDB (World Ducati Bike) Inline 4s suffer from restrictor plate

I comend Honda for not playing ball in this series where the rules still tilt in favor of the V-Twins.

·
Registered
415 Posts
AMA and MotoGP sure look to be the more entertaining of the three but I'll keep watching WSB and hopefully Petronas can find a way to get more speed in the straights.

Kind of like MotoGP last year. Started out and became obvious very quickly that Rossi was going to win every race unless they did something. I don't know what they did but it got more competative as the season went on.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
One word for you

One word for ya. Restrictor plates for the 1000 cc inline 4s. Bad idea.

Look at MotoGP for a level playing field. i.e. Honda dominates MotoGP

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: WSB=WDB (World Ducati Bike) Inline 4s suffer from restrictor plate

You would slap Honda on the back if they put a reverse gear on their bikes and ran backward around the track. Since outspending the competition, or buying the best rider wasn't guaranteeing first place, they quit. WSB blew away the Japanese superiority myth. When they REALLY had to compete, they gave up, just like flattrack.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.