Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Now I'm getting a lot of "Database Error" warnings.

That's it. CUL8R
Same here - ya' beat me to it.

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.motorcycle.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.motorcycle.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I sent a nasty-gram to the Customer Service department regarding these issues. I am totally shocked that I was able to log in!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
The sites been corrupted for awhile now, Seruzawa and Cuddy are both unable to log in, I get error messages every time I try to post.....

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
It's been giving me fits for a while, but it seems that if you ignore the warnings and just click on the back button, everything worked.

In spite of the warnings.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Zawa said he's quit the site. It didn't seem to be a technical issue per se.

There may be some Moderator openings. I wonder how much it pays?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Why doesn't one of us, preferably one with some skilz, find another site for us to migrate to?

This is easily the most screwed up (technically, not content) site I've encountered.

Note to whoever is interested: Check out the site 'triumphrat.net'. It works great, and navigation is easy. "Search" is a PITA, but otherwise it is painless.

The killer is that it is a 'sister site' of this one. Why is this site so FUBAR'd?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I go on Sport-Touring.net for the most part now, it's always been a pretty fun site. TriumphRat.net is an excellent site and I used to post on there all the time, then they did a site upgrade a few years back and I was locked out. I didn't have a Triumph anymore and though I missed the camaraderie I just gave it up. There's a couple of BMW sites I've been checking out that are passable too.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Why doesn't one of us, preferably one with some skilz, find another site for us to migrate to?

This is easily the most screwed up (technically, not content) site I've encountered.

Note to whoever is interested: Check out the site 'triumphrat.net'. It works great, and navigation is easy. "Search" is a PITA, but otherwise it is painless.

The killer is that it is a 'sister site' of this one. Why is this site so FUBAR'd?
I know Fenton is a big fan of ADV rider. Some good tours and wild and wooly Joe Mama forum

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It's mostly build around GA riders, but blokessportbike.com is operated by someone I know. It's a pretty reliable site for a forum. If you're wondering.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I go on Sport-Touring.net for the most part now, it's always been a pretty fun site. QUOTE]

I've signed up there. It's pretty good; there's a lot of "commercials" but it's not totally annoying.

I can't help but wonder if KPAULSQUIDCOOKVENGER! finally figured out how to do a denial of service attack on MO.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I go on Sport-Touring.net for the most part now, it's always been a pretty fun site. QUOTE]

I've signed up there. It's pretty good; there's a lot of "commercials" but it's not totally annoying.

I can't help but wonder if KPAULSQUIDCOOKVENGER! finally figured out how to do a denial of service attack on MO.
betcha' can't find me punk-beeeetch LOL

·
Registered
138 Posts
MO Still Alive?

I like to log in once a year or so... Sniff around a bit... Realize it still stinks since the ownership change. :(

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I like to log in once a year or so... Sniff around a bit... Realize it still stinks since the ownership change. :(
The owners may stink but we love the employees enough to stick around. They really need better IT support, though.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The owners may stink but we love the employees enough to stick around. They really need better IT support, though.
Agreed. Kevin, Pete, and Jeff write articles at least as good as anything in the print mags. And they have the benefit of making the occasional videos as well. Fonzie's Fotos are Fine too.

But whoever is supporting and hosting the site should be shown the door. That fiasco with the logins was inexcusable. I couldn't even PAY MONEY to open a damn account. And, my historic Kenneth_Moore account is gone forever. 7,000 f'ing posts...gone in the click of a mouse.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Agreed. Kevin, Pete, and Jeff write articles at least as good as anything in the print mags. And they have the benefit of making the occasional videos as well. Fonzie's Fotos are Fine too.

But whoever is supporting and hosting the site should be shown the door. That fiasco with the logins was inexcusable. I couldn't even PAY MONEY to open a damn account. And, my historic Kenneth_Moore account is gone forever. 7,000 f'ing posts...gone in the click of a mouse.
Yeah, but your new avatar is has a pretty desent resemblance to the real deal- lol. Love ya, brother!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.