Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
At "Huck's Road and Track" Rally in Gassville, AR every year, they have a "Wet T-Shirt Contest" for the Ladies.

That is, the guys get an armload of T-shirts, wet 'em down, tie 'em up, and the ladies take turns throwing for distance, style, accuracy, etc.

Good Clean Fun(tm)!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yogi On The River... I've been there before! If Barb doesn't like what is preparing to occur maybe she should look closer at the Clipper Magazine and look for coupons for Target so she can purchase new blinds and curtains. Zoning violations.... come on now... if the Neo-Nazi's and KKK can Rally to express themselves it should be no different for motorcycle enthusiasts; no direct-nudity is "scheduled" to occur. A permit may be required by the group's organizers, and the government might be allowed to slap them with a "fee". Read the following : http://www.aclunc.org/911/demonstrate.pdf

·
Registered
446 Posts
What's the Difference? I'll tell you.

The KKK and the Neo-Nazi marches are predicated on ideology, ideologies which (though most consider them mistaken) take a moral stand. Ideologies that claim the existence of objective standards of right and wrong. Such thinking has become intolerable to most Americans, so-called conservatives and so-called liberals alike both balk when demonstrably right things don't support their agenda. Ideology is fast becoming the least tolerable thing in this country.

A nude bike rally has no moral or civil underpinning. As such, it claims immunity from criticism according to moral/social norms.

This rally will get through as a symptom of the same wonky thinking that says we can't teach children the nation's Pledge of Allegiance in the nation's schools, on the nation's dime because someone might infer the existence of a deity from it, but we can't fire teachers who engage in sex acts with students.

Even staunch social Republicans very often get suddenly Libertarian when it comes to restricting their Playboy and Penthouse. We Americans have become more interested in bending right and wrong and the truth to conform to our desires, and less interested in conforming ourselves to what has been right and wrong since long before we were born.

Thus is has come to pass what was predicted way back in the 17th century about Man (in Gulliver's Travels and elsewhere)...that his "reason is the scout of the passions."

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: What's the Difference? I'll tell you.

Nowhere in any advertisements for this Rally does it say anything about nudity. I've seen women at beaches who wear more revealing clothes than women at Rally's. Lets not forget about the pasties women wear now. I'm not debating whether KKK/Nazi Rallys are correct or even legitimate; the fact is that they are not breaking any zoning laws or restrictions. Only restrictions that might apply are the ones I outlined in my original posting. The nation's problems with the National Anthem and Sex Scandals is something entirely different. Way to stay on subject...

·
Registered
323 Posts

There is an implicit moral stand taken whenever public action occurs - the stand that such action should be publicly acceptable. Nudity is only a real barn burner here in North America. In most of Europe, it is no big deal. Thus, the stand on what is right or wrong about nudity depends a lot on where you were born and what cultural milieu you were raised in. It isn't a big "S" stand, but it is still a stand.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Naked keg stands?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

Señor aerodynamical head, how can you assume wet-tee-shirt competition (or nudity in general) is "wrong"? In my home country Finland everybody goes to public saunas from children to old age butt naked and there is nothing to it. To suggest otherwise is absurd.

You even compare infavorably nakedness to Neo-Nazi marches, which are better as they "take a moral stand". (Then you go on about wonky thinking)

I think you should avoid commentary on moral themes. Obviously this area is not one of your strengths.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
16 Posts
X-rated? Anybody been to the (civilian) movies lately? You'll see the same behavoir in PG-13 and probably more boobies and flesh in an "R".

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I am sure there are people who find it good fun watching other people throwing objects for a distance. Although not too keen to hang around with such people, I have nothing against them or their interest.

Yet I know many of the same people would find it strongly objectable and "wrong" if I found it interesting (this is hypotethical of course) drinking good amounts of beer and watching chicas strutting around in wet t-shirts.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Well lets hope so, cold tends to make wet t-shirts fit better, na' mean?

Someone should explain to these twats the economic benefits of having a few hundred middle class motorcyclists camping out and spending money in their comunity. Better yet , cancel the rally and go somewhere else. Why spend a penny in a place that don't want you there?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.