Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
I had the misfortune of making a friend's 1973 XS650 road worthy 4 years ago. So my nostalgia level is still pretty low after actually riding one of those primitive creaking contraptions. Such things are best left RIP.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
"We display the “XS-V1 Sakura” (special exhibition model / prototype) as a symbol of our long-nurtured corporate philosophy. This is a V-twin sport model with a look of “Japanese style” in the image of Yamaha’s first 4-stroke model, the XS-1 (650cc), released in 1970. Its design is full of XS-1 DNA, in its simplicity and functional beauty and finds new refinement in a retro-modern aesthetic. It is a model that proposes a very Yamaha and very Japanese vision of premium motorcycling life, bringing together the unique characteristics of a 1,000cc air-cooled, V-twin model with its strong pulse feeling and easy-going running performance in a finely crafted body that is lightweight and slim and defined by a low seat height"

I thought the XS-650 came out in '68?

·
Registered
901 Posts
The seat, tailpipe, and rotors look a little weird, but this bike looks like it'd be a lot of fun to ride. And a 1000cc V-Twin is gonna have some get up and go. 'Course, I'm one of those who really likes the looks of the Harleys in the 1940's; much better aesthetics than the new bikes, in my opinion.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Whatever.

"We display the "XS-V1 Sakura" (special exhibition model / prototype) as a symbol of our long-nurtured corporate philosophy. This is a V-twin sport model with a look of "Japanese style" in the image of Yamaha's first 4-stroke model, the XS-1 (650cc), released in 1970. Its design is full of XS-1 DNA, in its simplicity and functional beauty and finds new refinement in a retro-modern aesthetic. It is a model that proposes a very Yamaha and very Japanese vision of premium motorcycling life, bringing together the unique characteristics of a 1,000cc air-cooled, V-twin model with its strong pulse feeling and easy-going running performance in a finely crafted body that is lightweight and slim and defined by a low seat height"

I thought the XS-650 came out in '68?
That "Japanese Style" they are so proud of is ripped off Brit style. And after all these decades they STILL can't find a native English speaker to do their press releases.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.