Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 1991 XT600EB. My problem is that even though I have the owner's manual (downloaded from Yamaha site) the pictures are grainy and not helpful. I'm trying to find the oil drain plug.

So far, from examining the bike, the only thing I see that might be it is a bolt protruding from the frame below the oil tank, pointing towards the front tyre.

This however, seems like a stupid place to put it. And regardless, the manual says to place a collection dish for the oil under the engine, not in front of it.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
There's another drain plug on the engine itself. It may be on the left side, near the countershaft sprocket. That's the lowest point of the engine when the bike is on the sidestand.

Of course, you must drail the oil out of the tank, as well.

Try this (service manual):
http://www.dtr125.com/xt600e.co.uk/manual/YamXT600Man.pdf

From here:
XT600E.CO.UK - The Home for XT600E Information (Variants also welcome)

I just looked on Bikebandit. The drain plug is on the left side, under the countershaft.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks. I've been looking for both the location of the drainplug and a factory manual for ages online, but couldn't find either. This is a great help to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.