Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
'bout time someone came up with an idea how to get some decent perormance out of that slug. I'd be embarrassed to ride a bike with only 119 rear wheel ponies...

they don't show much detail on the left hand side where the intake is, I'm curious how they get from under the bike to the air cleaner.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Sarnali,

You ride a Rocket yet?

The dealer in Norfolk "forced" me to, then gave me a t-shirt!

He was telling me some guy in the area has turned one into a tourer, with full windshield and bags and all.

Something else: The same dealership is building Bonneville America's with girder forks and bobbed fenders. Not my thing, but they look kinda cool.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Just remember to notify your insurance agent. Most turbo kits only add 25% to your insurance premiums.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I rode one a couple of months ago up and down the street. Not really long enough to get a good feel for it but I was pretty impressed by the balance and power. Once you get rolling it feels like it loses 100 lbs. I thought it was a pretty nice bike.

I've got my heart set on a T100, but the 1200r Roadster is starting to look like a real fun bike as well. When I'm in a position to buy I'd like to ride the Sporty, XB12r, Thruxton and T100 and basicaly toss a coin I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Kind of like Frankenstein on steroids; he's stronger, but still damn big and ugly.

However, that is only my humble opinion. For those of you that find the Rocket attractive, buy it so Triumph can use the funds to make more S3s and Daytonas.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
My, my, my!

Awfully feisty for so early in the morning!

But you bring up a good idea for a comparo... Maybe Sean and Co. can get the latest scooters and wring them out at Willow and maybe a parking lot or two.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I've already had enough personal experience with hand grenades. No need to ride around on one.

But I bet it's one helluva blast while it lasts.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
My daughters had a sleepover last night, I was up till 1 am listening to half a dozen teenieboppers squealing and giggling about who said what about whom. Then I was up @ 430 to come into work..........feisty don't quite cover it.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
No problem. With the turbo running front to back under the engine, most of the shrapnal would blow out the sides, as long as it stayed out the tire you'll be fine.

You don't even need to sit on your helmet!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
"once underway the feeling of portliness disappears"

The bike's neat, reminds me of a '28 Cleveland (the exhaust manifold).

I'm thinking of getting a new Sporty by the way. Put some supertraps on it. Some semi flat track bars. Orange of course...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.