Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Yahoo

Sounds to be on the sporting side. What a grand idea! A sporting Harley! Now Harley riders can get to the place on the side of the road where they are going to break down even faster!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most likely new HD in addition to current lineup

I saw the article, cool! I'm sure HD will offer this in

addition to its current lineup. Just like when they introduced

the TC88 engines first in the dynas and dressers, then to

the (die hard fans favorite model) the Softails.

If its reliable, and in a Buell... they might steal my $$

away from Ducati or Aprilia. Thats what I'm waiting for.

Mark

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Yahoo story; Harley Markets to the 40+ crowd

It seems to me that Harley is still trying to market to the more mature riding audience, but now to folks who have had sport bikes but can't bring themselves to plunk down $20,000 for a 60 HP motorcycle that handles like bad snowblower.

Of course Harley is going to start their marketing with the badest cruiser on the planet, they have a loyal following of cruiser heads to keep happy and they don't want to upset that crowd.

Part of the reason Harley has had success is because they have gone after the 40 plus market, most demographics show that is where the money is for toys. So it stands to reason that they will be introducing a line of touring or perhaps sport-touring machines with this new motor aimed at the BMW and ST1100 crowd.

But what I want to see is what Buell is going to do with a water cooled motor.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
So, how come....

When the Japanese built some thing like this (water cooled high power V twin), the HD punits say "They just can't get it right"? Now that the Motor Company has built one it's the greatest thing!

Pete P.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: Yahoo

Yes, and they will have more time for the repairs! Only thing they will have to get a faster support vehicle ....you know the truck that follows them around hauling tools and parts.

What does a Harley and a Hound dog have in common? They both like to ride in the back of pickup trucks. 8>)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: Yahoo story; Harley Markets to the 40+ crowd

Somehow, I don't think the Harley folks are going to slit their own throats by not making air-cooled twins anymore. The traditionalists will likely always have something to spend too much money on at their local Harley dealer.

As for the new bike, I like it. And I'll bet handles like a REALLY GOOD snowblower.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: All the details..........

Jasiri asks:

> Why did this site take so long to get the info?

A minor little concern like respecting a news embargo would be my idea. The Brits that published the story prematurely don't respect The Motor Company. Nor did they respect the contract they had to sign. Just a guess...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Re: All the details..........

Look again, dude. The story is still there, it's just not the "top news" any more. At this moment, it's in the lower left corner of the "News" page. Go to and click on the "News" link in the top left (I get the impression that direct links to MCN stories don't work very well).

·
Registered
282 Posts
The die hard fans' favorite model???

The softail? Ha ha ha ha ha. The die hard Yanni fans' favorite maybe. My idea of a "die hard" harley fan would be someone that knows and appreciates why the softail is such a cheesey model and concept (and is more likely to ride some variation of the superglide).

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.