Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First. Just wish I had something poignant to say.....

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Lacking any other data I have to assume that the racing association, which allows people to ride motorcycles at speeds of like 200mph around tracks is nervous about being associated with a dangerous product like cigarettes.

Hello?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Don't think Camel, the GP folks, FIM or Yamaha have squat to do with it! It's a government thing! What's the point of sponsoring something when over half the countries raced in don't allow tobacco advertising! Those big blank spots on the bikes (and F1 cars for that matter) are worth big, big bucks and get big time exposure. Might as well be purchased by someone who can actually use them! May be Guinness or Jack Daniels are available...and that is ok for most of those same governments, go figure...

·
Registered
95 Posts
The story is simple. In many GP rounds the tobaco maker logo has to be hidden already and it's only getting worse. Seemingly Marlboro will have only their colors on the Ducati's as clue to who's the sponsor. So the publicity return for the odd 10 millions $ Camel were supposed to shell out would have been very small.

-Yossef-

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
It doesn't seem to be working because in my limited experience, people in Europe still smoke like chimneys.

Personally, I think this whole idiotic "tobacco ban" has hurt racing more than anything else.

You can ride a motorcycle 200 mph but don't you dare light up after a race!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
No as usual your paranoia is misguided. See Yossefs post.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Make sense to me. Now if I posted this comment. Seruzaweasel would of said something about speed doesn't kill and cruisers have better brakes than sportbikes. longride would of called me a liar. And Buz would made a sarcastic comment but it would haven been at least funny.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yikes I agree with you.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Spanx

I just blew Low-carb Monster through my nose... LOL very funny

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
That has never stopped me..

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The Spanx Lady

For you single fellows, Spanx be footless pantyhose. The gal who developed them was featured here on ATL TV show honoring young, successful entrepreneurs ( she is on the tasty side, too). But I digress...

I could tell a long story about meeting an owner of a dying hosiery mill in N. Central NC who went on a rant about Spanx - too much trouble to mfg and sell a hot, new profitable product. (??!!) But I won't. I think that fellow owns a new gen Indian, too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: The Spanx Lady

http://www.spanx.com/pls/enetrixp/!stmenu_template.main?proc_to_call_in=&this_object_id_in=772184&proc_this_object_id_in=772184&this_object_type_in=cat&proc_this_object_type_in=cat&section_id_in=477024&proc_section_id_in=477024&template_name_in=stmenu_template.main&proc_template_name_in=stmenu_template.main

nice...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yamaha apparently doesn't want to be associated with a "drug" company. Can't blame them. Not that motorcycling isn't any less addicting, but at least one can participate in the activity of owning and riding without acquiring the health risks and horrible death that comes with cancer; lung, bladder, etc. Seen men die from it; ain't nice stuff.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Koff, hack wheeze...

What? No more (cough) free (wheeze) cigs?

Next you'll be telling me bourbon and branch water are out as a breakfast drink for the senate.

I want my free cigs! Live fast, die young.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts