Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
I'm sure you can find easier ways to carry out your sadomasochistic tendencies.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
My mom has a '76 99 GL and a '91 900 Turbo.. guess who gets to work on those?

I use them as therapy to give me patiance for working on the Range Rover, fortunatly they're both reliable as bricks so I don't have to fool around too much thank god

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Many moons ago a friend of mine in an unaccountable fit of brotherly devotion promised his younger sister that he would help her keep any car she bought running. Unfortunately for him she bought a Sunbeam Alpine. Ah yes. The air over Sunset Blvd turned blue each Saturday as he plumbed the murky depths of such imponderables as SU carbs and Lucas charging systems.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh Boy! This opens up all kinds of possibilities:

- Skoda-KTM

- Kia-Honda

- Suzuki-Suzuki

I sure hope the relationship ends with sponsorship money and doesn't include engineering/fabrication support. Could wind up with Rossi spending a lot of time examining his bike trackside, scratching his head with a puzzled look on his face.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not to contradict the well-deserved digs at Fiat cars, but don't forget that Fiat also owns and runs Ferrari, including F1 cars. The current CEO of Fiat was at the head of Ferrari before he took this job.... So Fiat would not be a total loss when it comes to new technology, thanks to their F1 shop

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
A friend of mines little sister had a TR6 years ago, neat car but...............

The Saab's have to be the most bass-ackward cars I've ever seen. Some things are so easy you can do them with your eyes closed, others it's like WTF were they thinking?...

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Good question. The next one should be: What's Yamaha's tie-in with Fiat since Toyota has a stake in Yamaha. Fiat is a HUGE corperation- do they have an "in" at Toyota?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Fiat, Global Brand

I owned a bright yellow spider 850 i think it was called, in the 70's. My Dad wouldn't ever let me park it behind his car in the driveway since we frequently had to push it out of the way.

He liked that it was yellow since that proved its lemonness. i thought it was pretty cool.

When did they last sell FIAT in the US?

Can you buy a new one in Canada?

Finaly, I heard once that Sete' Gibernau was somehow related to the FIAT fortune. I don't know if its true. If so, his family must not have a seat on the board. Hard to imagine Sete' voting to sponsor Rossi.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Shovelhead owners might not want to laugh too long and hard about other people's beds of nails.

Not that owning an early Magna is any better. Maybe we could start a new ascetic cult.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: Fiat, Global Brand

Fiat manuals (and even their Lada brethren) were fine, so long as you revved the crap out of them and never, ever touched the brake pedal on loose surfaces (handbrake slides anyone?).

Drive them like a Crown Victoria though, and everything would start going wrong real fast.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.