Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's about time. Can I bring my ratty almost-basket case '76 RD400 (green) that's in the garage?

The piston slap can be heard for blocks!

Where are we gonna set up the lawn chairs?

·
Registered
175 Posts
While I agree that the Daytona 200 pretty much sucks donkey balls this year, I'm not sure this move by Yamaha has so much to do with how lackluster the Daytona even has become, as it does with the substantial amount of money Yamaha put up in order to make sure that the USGP actually happened, and an understandable desire to put everything they can into "their" USGP show. I know MO had the press release about the Yamaha contribution a few months back, and Yamaha received great praise for it on these boards, alas I'm just too lazy to put up the link.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Die! Daytona! Die! Die! Die!

God! Wouldn't it be nice if Daytona went the way of the Dodo Bird. Then we would...really, never have to see, a NASCAR race.

If I never see Super Bikes (whatever they are, according to the AMA this year...depending on, who's greasing their palms) on a high-banked track again, it'll be too soon!

If I wanted to watch NASCAR I'd: drink cheap beer 'til I dropped 40 IQ points, start beating my girl friend, chew snuff 'till my teeth turn green, and buy a case of Dramamine to keep me from getting sick from my head constantly moving around in circles.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention the Dale Earnhart bumper sticker, blanket, ashtray, bobble head, beer mug... and, any other piece of crap, you can find that's licensed by NASCAR.

Won't it be wonderful when the AMA grows up to be, just like NASCAR (where's H.L Menckin, when you need him).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: Die! Daytona! Die! Die! Die!

Agreed! I'd stand for Al Queda taking a plane full of, well empty air (I could say worse), and crashing it into the empty stands of Daytona and forevermore ridding the world of this claptrap track.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Die! Daytona! Die! Die! Die!

I think you need to move on from the "*******" stereotype NASCAR fan. They race all over the country, including Chicago, where you can't get a ticket to the race without paying double the face value. I've been to a couple races, and I didn't even beat my girlfriend once. I do drink cheap beer though, and I can't afford to drop the 40 IQ points or I'd be in negative territory. If Daytona lives or dies, NASCAR will still be there. Only in the AMA's dreams would they ever be like NASCAR. It's all about the marketing. Ask the NBA.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It really is 50 years for Yamaha. if u go to yamaha-motors.com, you can click onto a 50 anniversary website with cool pics and stuff of yamaha's first race outside Japan-- Catalina GP. Coolish stuff.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It is a logical move by Yamaha, they are putting lots of money and effort into the MotoGP event at Laguna and the track itself, also the attendance at Laguna will allways be greater than that of the Super Speedway during bike week. The event at Daytona has been diluted and castrated to the point where it may not even exist in the near future and as we all know, the majority of the people who go to bike week don't give a rats &ss about the races.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.