Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Too bad we probably won't see it...

Even though Yamaha has notihng in the US in the "light standard" class (SV650/Bandit 600/EX500), they probably won't bring it over here.

Pitty, because the faired one looks REALLY sharp.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The naked version DOES look like the MV Brutale.....mmm....tasty....

I can't imagine they'd bring the faired bike here, it's too similar to the 600 Bandit, which isn't a big seller.

But the naked bike might find a niche in the US as an I4 alternative to the SV650. I'd be interested!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Interesting

I'd be in the market for a new motorcycle by the time that hits our shores. That is IF it comes here. I'm sick of getting the shaft, Europe always gets the kick a$$ Japanese bikes, even if they are "entry" level ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea they do look pretty nice. The faired one looks like you get some touring bike like wind protection. The slanted headlight and front does remind me of the brutale, but the ass is much too large to be an italian supermodel. so-to-speak.

With that R6 engine it should be detuned for torque nicely. If it has the same oomph as the outgoing Fazer 6 it should be a very nice bike for the Germans to drive on the autobahn.

Remember, a comfortable R6 just wont sell to anybody in the U.S.

And

How would it compare to the SV650, Concours, and VFR(older model)?

·
Registered
113 Posts
uhhh yeah...me

I'm looking for a 600 standard, modern day would be too good to be true. With a few exceptions it looks like most manufacturers quit making (or at least importing) middle-weight standards in about 1985. Therefore, most of my looking has been on ebay. I'm glad the nekkid bikes are coming back. There are a few good options now, but the pickings are still slim below about 800cc.

IMHO fully-faired bikes are fugly...they all look like Transformers (the really fugly ones look like GoBots).

The nekkid Fazer looks good, but I don't care for the bikini...it looks like a Bandit and I've never understood why the headlight needs it's own fairing (or whatever you call it) aside from saving .001 on the drag coefficient.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The new 600 Fzs looks to good to be true! Far more relazed ergoes than the 1000 Fazer and high-pipe, silver wheels, center stand, good protecting fairing, aluframe.. everything! Couldn't have done better job myself!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Woohoo!

I wish Yamaha would see fit to bring these to the States. I was just down at my local Yammie dealer daydreaming about what an FZ1 would look like with just dual headlights and exposed clocks ala Speed Triple. This naked Fazer looks way better than any hack job I could have done, even with some of the great aftermarket stuff they have out these days. I think 600 will be plenty for me in a nekkid and the fact that it looks more like a Brutale than a Speed Triple/Four is even cooler. Please Yamaha bring these bikes to the USA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.