Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
High output means high exhilaration! Try wearing some depends undergarments to mitigate the "wet spot". Seriously, I've said it before and will say it again (I know because I own an FJR).....FJR stands for "Food Just Right"! Simply place an uncooked burger near the heat source and by the time you arrive at your destination, you'll be ready to eat! It's all very simple you see!?

Ducati "Foggy" Monster Man

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
*WHAT* Honda ST1300 "heat problem"? Isn't that like the BMW F650 "Injector/Throttle-Snatch" problem?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had an '05 FJR. My solution was to finally sell it. Absolutely unacceptable. Big, hi-performance engines don't have to put out big heat. My 'Busa didn't make any uncomfortable heat. My ZX14 is hot, but nothing like the FJR. That's just poor design. They should be hung from their toes and flogged.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I think the ST is rather warm. However, many more don't complain about it. Perhaps Honda may have to abandon that design. That transversely mounted 4 sure throws a lot of heat back to the rider! Regarding the 06' fjr, you must be kidding - MCN proclaimed the heat problem was fixed for good.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If the seat appears capable of having something stuck to the underside, grab one of the smaller DynaMat kits with heat shielding. Beyond that your only solution may be to create some sort of ducting to direct air underneath the seat.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Just riding in pants may solve the problem. When you ride around in those capri pants your really not doing anything for your image.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a FJR and sold it. I really liked the bike and the heat problem was an easy fix. Wear riding pants or Draggin Jeans. That's it.

After all we are riding on top of a engine.

I now have a ZX14 and I still ride with Draggin jeans and have no problem. I am usually going fast and heat is no problem. They make scooters for around town.

Smile just kiddin

Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.