Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
...and I still can't find piston rings for my DT1...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The same reason they don't get some of our bikes (Venture, any cruiser with bags and a windshield, TT-R225, XT225, TW200, Vino, Zuma, Vino 125) and the same reason they delayed bikes like the Warrior a year or two from the U.S. introduction- they don't sell in that market, just like the TDM and Seca 2 didn't sell over here when Yamaha did have them in the early 1990's.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
You don't make a profit by _shipping_ bikes. You make a profit by _selling them_. They've decided those bikes won't sell here. They're probably right.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
XJR

My brother in law has a XJR-1300, what a wonderfull toquey smoothie that is, truly impressive. I dont like the yellow parts though, nobody saw them in the dance hall parking lot back in -73.

In Europe this sort of thingie (oversize hightech '70s retro jap) is very hot. I don't know if the gringos in the stateside would buy into this with all the heritage & legend rubbish floating around.

-cruiz-euro

·
Registered
2 Posts
blame yourself. Prior to 1997, Yamaha Canada made its own independent importing decisions.

That means we got the RZ up to 1989. We had the Euro spec Yzf600 and yzf1000 (albeit with the dumb "thunderace/cat" monikers. Then Yam USA took over import decisions for Canada and we get the same limited selection as you.

So FOOK you!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
It's just a very devious form of revenge for William Shatner's singing commercials.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Thats funny. I work with some Canadians I always say its a matter of time until Canada becomes part of the U.S. First Alberta, Ontario ... screw Quebec and BC. too commie for U.S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.