Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,521 Posts
"Hey! You´re pretty good." Hmmmm...

Virago´s engine was pretty durable (same 1100 still in V-Star) so it wasn´t likely to be mechanical problems. His quess just covered the rest.

But then, it´s certainly better suck up to bike and car mechanics if you don´t know too much about the stuff yourself.

- cruiz-euro

· Registered
1,521 Posts
>Yamaha continues the limited editon – soak

>the public program

No no no nooooo. All this is production based. Unlike it is popularly believed, Yamaha does not have bunch of large old warehouses made of corrugated iron sheets, where thousands of little yellow men happily tinker with hacksaws and screwdrivers year in year out (singing hi-ho, hi-ho)

Modern automated production system can churn 10,000 gear box shafts in a day, but re-setting the b1tch takes a week. Add to this zero-stock, just-in-time supply chain with hundreds of subcontractors, high value low volume end product with strongly seasonal demand. Even you guys can start to see the need for batch production. And for a sales model exactafakingmente what they have now.

FJR is not an image/fashion/status/legend/pose thingie, its simply the ultimate machine in its own category that guys really in the know buy. For them its not like going to some other brand to buy some other thing so easily, so Yammie can pull it off, with this particular model.

- cruiz-euro

· Registered
1,521 Posts
Hmmm lemme get this straight. 94 lbft and 131 hp at the rear wheel, overwhelming reviews on every mag, victory in every comparo, incl MO´s own (by a big margin). So you want to bet that machine is an image/fashion etc. thingie?

- cruiz-euro

· Registered
1,521 Posts
I wouldn´t publicly admit going to McDonald´s even if I went there. This is not for the reason of me looking cheap (I thrive on 4 Peso wine bottles) but looking like a mentally lazy lard-a$$ who does not appreciate variety in life that´s not ok in my books.

Aah, Royal Star. You can´t obviously appreciate it if you confuse badge with quality. I recommend reading "Emperor without clothes". That´s a good start.

- cruiz-euro

· Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: YAMAHA DISCONTINUES FJ1300 PRIORITY DELIVERY PROGRAM

You can easily test drive FJR in Europe anytime, provided that you´ve had a minimum of 5 years committed and trusting gay relationship with a prominent Yammie distributor.

- cruiz-euro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.