Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Yeah, well, I used to drink whatever had alcohol in it. And, I've had hang-overs scarier than Charles Manson listening to the White Album.

And, I'm a Red-Blooded-American (by-God) God fearin, Bible thumpin, Don't-take-no-$hit-from-nobody (long as they ain't standing right there) Goldwater-Democrat ...not no Commie, like ya done said.

I uz jus bean colloquial, afore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will never buy another Yamaha due to this allocation pre-order program.

>>>>

Nothing justifies putting customers through this and now that they have overwhelming demand.... they continue the program.

I would fire every of the Yamaha USA Marketing types that have been involved with this program.

>>>>

Bottom line is they are in the motorcycle manufacturing business and I like going to a shop and buying bikes.

One of us two is not doing their job.

>>>>

At first I thought Yamaha had to have the pre-order program due to not having confidence that there were not that many ST owners out there that would by the FJ.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, news here Yamaha....for every ST owner there were 10 of us that would never buy the ST and have been waiting for a bike like the FJ for years.

>>>>

Then Yamaha hosed American buyers with the obsolute FJ the first year vs Euro spec one so not only did one have to wait til the riding season was over to get the ST ...its was outdated in a month or so with the new model.

>>>>

Over the years the Euro FJ has sold well.....been highly regarded and they dont have to go through the allocation-preorder program. Tells me all I need to know about what Yamaha thinks about the American buyer......and count me out forever Yamaha.

>>>>

At rallies I attend I estimate there are 5 buyers not willing to go through the program for every one that did.....if the bikes were in stock at dealers to test ride and buy ......dahhhhhhhhhhh just how much better would sales be Mr Dipco.

Simply unamazing.....what's next from Yamaha.....pre-order all their bikes and wait for 12 months for delivery

Mike

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will never buy another Yamaha due to this allocation pre-order program.

>>>>

Nothing justifies putting customers through this and now that they have overwhelming demand.... they continue the program.

I would fire every of the Yamaha USA Marketing types that have been involved with this program.

>>>>

Bottom line is they are in the motorcycle manufacturing business and I like going to a shop and buying bikes.

One of us two is not doing their job.

>>>>

At first I thought Yamaha had to have the pre-order program due to not having confidence that there were not that many ST owners out there that would by the FJ.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, news here Yamaha....for every ST owner there were 10 of us that would never buy the ST and have been waiting for a bike like the FJ for years.

>>>>

Then Yamaha hosed American buyers with the obsolute FJ the first year vs Euro spec one so not only did one have to wait til the riding season was over to get the FJ ...its was outdated in a month or so with the new model.

>>>>

Over the years the Euro FJ has sold well.....been highly regarded and they dont have to go through the allocation-preorder program. Tells me all I need to know about what Yamaha thinks about the American buyer......and count me out forever Yamaha.

>>>>

At rallies I attend I estimate there are 5 buyers not willing to go through the program for every one that did.....if the bikes were in stock at dealers to test ride and buy ......dahhhhhhhhhhh just how much better would sales be Mr Dipco.

Simply unamazing.....what's next from Yamaha.....pre-order all their bikes and wait for 12 months for delivery

Mike

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey, I got some news for you Tom

For Yamaha to be concerned about having to sell the FJs at list price versus at a discount if they brough in more than was needed in any year is pretttttty scarrrrry for a multi billion dollar company.

If they need to cover this FJ USA cost risk....why not cut back on the finger nail files they buy Rossi each year to break even

Mike

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
He would be livid if the company that pulled this crap started with an "H" and ended with an "A". If you say the name 3 times though, he comes out of the screen and haunts your house, so be careful.

·
Registered
35 Posts
longride

Does anyone really know why the pre-order program is necessary now?

Are Yamaha worldwide finances that fragile they need the pre-order program?

Are the big bucks marketing talking heads so numb they can not do a reasonable unit sales projection for the USA?

I am wondering if the FJ USA sales get up to say 250,000/yr if the program might be discontinued?

Mike

·
Registered
514 Posts
You're just assuming that you know more than the Yamaha marketing people? ... maybe you do but I wouldn't bet on it.

Fact is, this Yamaha marketing program...

has managed to sell every FJR at list price

has been able to provide advanced firm production numbers to the factory (which REALLY makes the factory people happy and hugely lowers production costs)

and has managed to position a UJM as a scarce and desirable moto rather than just another disposable.

forecasting demand is a ***** of a job and being wrong $uck$. I'd bet Yamaha makes more $$$ preselling 2,000 FJRs at list price that they would making 4,000 and doing whatever was necessary to move 'em off the showroom

I do this kind of ***** for a living and the more I look at what Yamaha's doing the more I admire it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
What! No Umpa Lumpas!

Well, how 'bout that! No L’il-Yella-Men, Damn!

And, it turns out I should'a wanted an FJR all along (but, apparently, I wasn’t smart enough). Just think about all the things I should have thought about if I could have thought about if only my thinking was good enough to think about thinking about them (Boggles the mind, don’t it).

But, if they ain’t got no L’il-Yella-Men, who’s gonna make all them FJRs – ain’t been sole yet – disappear?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: Let's give credit...

Yeah, well screw you, Tech Spec Boy! Just because I may not have your comprehensive understanding of the arcane intricacies of fuel injection mapping doesn't make my....opinion....any less....um...err....valid...than yours.

Oh...

Never mind

:)

61 - 80 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.