F*ck Dani Pedrosa.

F*ck Dani Pedrosa.

F*ck Dani Pedrosa.

F*ck Dani Pedrosa.

F*ck Dani Pedrosa.

F*ck Dani Pedrosa.

F*ck Dani Pedrosa.

#7 ·
Here's an interesting development I picked up out of Superbike Planet.

The AMA rulebook states:

"Variable-length fuel injection intake tract devices that function while the engine is operating are prohibited."

But an AMA official has been quoted as saying they are changing the rule to something like:

" In layman's terms the new rule states that if the variable intake equipment does come on the streetbike, it is legal for the class."

So Yamaha will be allowed to use the variable length intakes in Superbike.

The way they are changing the rule, Yamaha will be the only manufacturer using variable length intakes. Why don't they just eliminate the rule which banned the variable length intakes. That way Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda could at least try to cobble something up for their superbikes while the factories work on a system for next years streetbikes, if they so choose.

#8 ·
Funny how Eric had to take a step back to move forward. Looks like Bro. Ben is doing the same thing. Future looks good for Yamaha next year. Ben had always raced Mladin well. Can't wait for March.

#9 ·
The rule reads in short: you can't run variable intakes on bikes unless they are to the public through the manufacturer. They are. So they are legal. Don't get made because someone read the rules and adapted for an edge. Smart racing. Good for the public. Good for racing (and Suzuki).

#10 ·
This is great news finally we are getting the best riders back in Superbike competing against each other. Eric did well with an under powered Kawasaki ZX-7R a few years back. Wow what a competive deep field... Jamie Hacking and Roger Hayden on the Kawasaki, Spies, Mladin, and Tommy Hayden on the Suzuki, Miguel DuHamel and Jake Zemke on Honda...Too bad Ducati is not in. I suspect Ducati will be back when they have a more competitive V-4 bike.

#12 ·
Yamaha's reason for letting Jamie Hacking go was that he wanted to race Superbike next year, and Yamaha couldn't guarantee him they would be racing in the superbike class. I find it hard to believe that decision was made within the last 2-3 weeks. Damn shame, while I'm not the biggest Hacking fan in the paddock, I think he really carried Yamaha's banner and earned their loyalty this year, especially after Disalvo faltered. Then Yamaha hosed him over well and gave Disalvo the Superbike ride. Given recent history, I have my doubts that hiring Ben will get the same results as Jamie could. I'd kinda like to see Jamie kick some Yamaha hind end aboard the Kawasaki next year.

#13 ·
Maybe Buell can win won now :) Serouisly, you raise a good question. Would love for the AMA to reduce the number of classes to 3...600 superbike 1000 superbike and then an open class i.e anything goes.. Hayabusas, Turbo R6s, 2000 cc 'Buells, etc.

Evenually add a 800 cc superbike class.

Glad to see didn't get impacted by the earthquake. Did you have a good time with that red-head. Red-head don't go gray do they?

#14 ·
I agree seems pretty lame for Yamaha to do that. I agree Ben B. seems to be in a slump i.e. doesn't have the fire in his belly anymore unlike his brother Eric.. Hard to read those guys with the easy going California thing going on..

#15 ·
I escaped Hawaii just in time. It was funny because when I was in my room with my son I was thinking it had been a long time since Hawaii had an earthquake.

Maybe I'm the Geological Prophet.

Maybe FX will be all privateers now and have some interesting racing.

#16 ·
Does the fact that Yammerha is entering superbike mean that the Big4 are ending their gentlemen's agreement to cede different racing series to each other so that each can claim to be a "champion" each year? Maybe it will make factory racing interesting again.........nah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.