Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post! Double to today! Get the Yamaha..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Totally. Just go by whatever floats your boat, which brand has the coolest dealer to support it, which one you can get the better deal on. Favorite color? They're both excellent bikes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I' ve not ridden either, but consider the power delivery if you aren't just interested in top speed and other numbers.

It seems to be consistently reported that the Suzuki has the more responsive engine in it's midrange.

If true, you might find the GSXR a better bike for day to day riding when you will rarely get into 5 figure revs.

Just a thought anyway.

I'd hate to have to rev a bike to the moon to get decent throttle response. It can be a hard thing to measure and wont show up on dyno's.

Anyone ridden both and can comment?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would have to agree with stormcloud on this one. The new R6 is reputed to have nothing down-low and in the midrange. If you are street riding, you don't want to have to twist the crap out of the handle just to roll away from a stop. If you are looking used, then I would have to say go Yamaha. The earliest R6 & R1 are some of the sexiest bikes on the planet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
IMHO - The Yamaha is gorgeous, check out those headlights! However, I'm partial to the Suzuki. It seems like it has more history and tradition with it. Someone already mentioned power delivery and from what you said, the Suzuki should be your best choice!

Good luck!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
If you want something that you enjoy riding and looks nice, you don't need advice from anyone. Go check them out and get the one you like. Test ride each if you can. I personally will not buy a bike without a test ride. Get what you like, and the hell with what anyone else thinks. That's my advice.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Neither - Pick up a slightly used GSXR750, youl'll have a more commute friendly bike (power everywhere).

Oh, back to your 2 selections, try to find which has the best dealer support where you are.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
On the Power Delivery Bandwagon

Give me a second to climb on.

I assume you're talking about new bikes.

None of the 600cc SS bikes have a lot of low and mid-range response, but the R6 is the worst. The thing is nearly dead until 10,000 RPM. This is really undesireable for street riding. You'll have to ride around with the engine screaming all the time to get any reasonable drive.

It does sound really good, though.

The GSX-R seems like a much better overall package for street riding and is a bit cheaper.

Why haven't you considered a new R6S? It's more street-biased and will get around a track just fine, probably within a few tenths of a sencond of the new R6 with equal riders. (Actually, maybe faster in the hands of most riders since the R6 is reportedly pretty tricky to ride at a 10/10ths pace.)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ergonomics...

Pick the one which FITS YOU BEST!

All the YGZXCB-RRs are so close in perfromance, and you state that you won't be using the performance to the absolute limit, you should get the one which is most comfortable and fits you the best.

Which says you should really look at the R6s (the older, more comfortable R6), and the F4i (the more comfortable CBR).

·
Registered
325 Posts
" ....I am not looking for top speed performance cause I enjoy living."

Well it's a good thing you've decided on the 600's then. These are very slow bikes with no top end speed and you certainly couldn't kill yourself on one. Good choice.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Of the two I'd get the GSXR because I like Suzuki's. I would also check out the new 675 Daytona and the 650R Ninja twin, also the XB9R and even a 599 Honda. It's a very compettitive class, make sure you explore all your options and get the bike that's best suited to your riding conditions and skill level.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.