Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The FIM WSB superbike program is developed by Yamaha Italy. Graves operates the US operation but Yamaha USA doesn't have a bike to develop in time for the '06 season. They will be ready by '07...............so, watch E-Boz take it to the boys in '06 and as he goes along he will undoubtedly be developing the superbike during practice sessions through out the season.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
wonder if they knew HOnda was pulling out of FX when they decided to pull into it? once again that class is a one-make snoozer... i will keep pulling for Buell to get a podium hope springs eternal.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You're an insider. Don't all the Jap companies meet once a year and divvy up racing around the world so they each get to win their lot of important races somewhere and then rotate for the following year?

You know like, "OK Yamaha you have Rossi so you can have Moto GP, Suzuki gets US Superbike etc."

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I wouldn't expect even the Japs to be able to pick winners. It's possible even Rossi gets clipped by Biagi and high sides into the hospital. I'm just suggesting that each manufacturer is allowed to excel to their potential in a particular racing series. It would make perfect sense from the stand point of marketing. Also, don't forget about those so-called merger projects a couple years ago where, what was it, Kawasaki and Suzuki provided each other with certain types of dirt bikes. Oh, and remember when Kawasaki was going to fold a number of years ago and there would be only the Big 3? They made a miraculous comeback.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd like to see Yamaha run in Superbike. But if they won't, then I'd like to see Mat get on a Superstock GSXR1000 to make sure Yamaha doesn't collect a Superstock title with their fancy shmanshy "LE". At least the Superstocks run slicks so the tires won't be a big change from Superbike. C'mon Mat, you'd like to mix it up with Eric wouldn't you?

·
Registered
248 Posts
"doesn't have a bike to develop in time for the '06 season." What kind of lame excuse is that? That LE should be so good out of the box that any Graves rider would at least beat all the privateers. All they have to do is pull off the lights and get the number plates on it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
AMA are you listening

No Superbike effort. Too bad. Seems like WSB has their act together and the AMA doesn't.

The solution

[*]Have only two classes Superbike (1000cc) and Supersport. (600cc).

[*]Have 4 heat races (2 for each class) on Saturday

[*]Limit races to 20 bikes, to reduce back markers

[*]4 races on Sunday (2 for each class)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Good theory. same type thing as repubs and dems are all in cahoots, partying with each other like its 1999 while our little eyes glaze over from steady stream of monica lewinsky iraq WMD gay rights pledge of allegience illegal immigration abortion rights valeria plame homeland security FEMA global economy price of gas avian flu war on drugs. okay i buy it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.