Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Yamahas and Suzukis -- Come and Get

Who cares when the FZ-1 hits the states. Thats the ugliest bike I have ever seen Ranks up there with the Bandit. Please leave these bikes in Japan. And that Kawi ZR-7 thing. I think that these bikes suck. As for the GSXR-1000, it kicks arse. Oops, almost forgot, first post. Gee, I can die now. My life is complete. Whoop dee do

·
Registered
33 Posts

There is word on an FZ-1 board that someone in Utah (of all places) has taken delivery of a black FZ-1.

No word yet here in northern California.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: FZ-1 = ugly

I agree that the FZ-1 is ugly. I *tried* to like it, but it's just impossible for me. And I'm not a squid who only likes R1s and GSX-Rs. I appreciate good styling of all kinds of motorcycles, but the FZ-1 looks like a praying mantis on steroids rather than a motorcycle. But then again, the FZ-1 is not targeted at my demographic (25 years old and *not* 250 lbs.) so I don't really care.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Indulge yourself with the gargantuan coverage of the Daytona 200 on AMAsuperbike.com. This site can’t even measure up to AMAsuperbike.com in coverage of the 200.

·
Registered
356 Posts

I have already seen GSXR 1000 's at 2 different dealers by me. Not all that special, i mean, for all the hype i woulda thought it would be amphibious or bring world peace. Oh well, i guess its just the hyped up bike for this year.

I would like to see the FZ-1 though, at least it has unique styling, some like it some hate it, i think i like it, and it doesnt come out of a cookie cutter mold like some other manufacturers products. Now if only they would make an FZ-6.

·
Registered
356 Posts

I dont need coverage, illl just watch the race on speedvision.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: FZ-1 = ugly

250 pounds*? I should be down to that in a few months. Yup, I'm the target demographic but I agree the bike is ugly, at least in pictures. I can't figure out how the people who did the R1/ R6 styling could blow it so badly. I still think this is the right type of bike for lots of us "old" people, I just hope Honda and Kawasaki do a better job on the styling.

*Pride forces me to point out I'm a bit bigger than the average person, 250 pounds is only a little off my "playing weight". Can you say defensive tackle?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Indeed these two machines are highly anticpated. I am especially curious what the public verdict will be on the Fazer because of the following:

I bought a Katana two years ago (at the begining of the sport-tourer genre hype) and have had no complaints other than a lack of horsepower and no aftermarket around. I got burned: the Kat is reliable, but not as snotty as I'd like. No throttle wheelies here.

Manufacturers TAKE HEED: Dumb down a good motor just to make it 'better' and you will loose sales as well as the convinience of parts interchangability. Obviously, there are good reasons to make changes (I can think of fuel efficiency for one)

The smartest thing Yamaha could have done was VERY LITTLE to the R1 motor. If that puppie pumps out any fewer ponies than a stock R1, lucy has some 'splainin' to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts

yes, I am a little overweight, and over 25 (32 to be exact). I do not think just the "older" generations like the fz-1. I do not like the fz-1 either and think it is a very "ugly" bike. I just purchase a new r6. But if people want to purchase the bike, more power to them. I am glad people don't like the same thing I do, then everybody would ride up and down the road on just "sportbikes" and man would that be boring. we need to respect what other people like also. We are all bike riders. Man if you guys think people should just ride what you ride, you suck, not the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Doesn't it make sense that a site named "AMAsuperbike.com" would have better coverage of the Daytona 200 than a site named "motorcycle.com?" It would be sad if a superbike racing site had worse coverage than a general motorcycle site.

Also, what do the Daytona 200 or AMAsuperbike.com have to do with the FZ-1 or Bandit? Your subject DOES say "Yamahas and Suzukis -- Come and Get." I miss the connection.

If I want detailed info on the Daytona 200, I will go to AMAsuperbike.com. For everything else, plus some general, concise Daytona 200 info, I will stay here.

Place your random comments elsewhere, please.

·
Registered
149 Posts

I've got a deposit on a black GSX-R1000. I chose the GSX-R1000 based on my past experience with Suzuki bikes. It hasn't hurt that all the reviews have been quite positive. I expect to have the bike in mid April (i've had a deposit down for a year but three people put down deposits before me - drat). I guess I'll just have to struggle along with my 916 till then. My only apprehension concerning the GSX-R is that it looks to be uncomfortable (far too "sit up") as compared to the 916.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I've got a deposit in on an FZ-1 at San Jose Yamaha in California. They expected delivery last week, and are now hoping they'll show up any minute. They've sold all 8 of their initial shipment already, #4 going to me.

My decison to get one was based mostly on the european news of the Fazer 1000. As soon as I heard it was coming here, dubbed "FZ-1," I put down a fully refundable deposit. This past November at the International Bike Show, I got to sit on one and made up my mind to go ahead with the purchase. Motorcycle Online's recent full review only succeeded in making me more impatient for the bike to arrive. Thanks, guys! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts

I already got mine!

Good ole Texas seems to have gotten some of the first GSXR1000 shipments, and I have a shiny blue one. :)

In any case, it rocks! It's actually decent as a commuter, as long as you keep to less than full-throttle, and don't mind a little wrist pain. I'm gonna adjust the levers to see if that helps, but otherwise, im a happy camper.

I feel inadequate on the bike, even when pushing it pretty hard, it just feels so solid no matter what...and the power! And i'm still under 500mi. :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.