Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I am not really a MX or ATV guy, but can you imagine the possibilities of knobbies and great suspension range with something like this? I know the initial design was intended for "street" application, but Yamaha could be on to something with this design. Odd, funky, not to everyones taste, but innovative, clever and inspiring come to mind.

•Tesseract (Special exhibition model / prototype)
This is a hybrid 4-wheeled vehicle powered by a combination of a liquid-cooled V-twin gasoline engine and an electric motor. It is also designed with a unique dual-scythe suspension that enables cornering with a lean (banking) like a motorcycle despite the 4-wheel format. There is also a dual arm-lock system that keeps the machine upright when at rest without a stand. It offers excellent performance and maneuverability with a machine width roughly equivalent to that of a 2-wheeler.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you look at the thing closely (yamaha has it on their tokyo show site) you'll notice the stance of the thing. I believe that there are possibilities in the off-road sector. Not novice, in any way. But serious off-road competition applications could be done. Like a cross between MX and comp ATV. If you could get weights in the 300lbs range and manage to get 65hp out of it, well, the fun should ensue......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts