Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laughably Unfair

I would truly like to meet the idiot that decided it was fair for a 250cc 4 stroke to compete with 125cc 2strokes, just so i could smack him around a bit. If these so-called race experts knew anything about horsepower, or torque, or BMEP they would know that a 2stroke does not make twice as much horsepower as a similiar displacement 4stroke. Yes, the 2stroke is far superior than the 4 stroke in every way - but giving away 125cc when you're only starting with 125cc - it's just too much. Try putting up that 250 4stroke up with the big boys where it belongs - then we'll see

·
Registered
217 Posts
Re: Laughably Unfair

An RM 80 can''t make much more than 15hp, in fact I think that is a high estimate. A 426 makes around 45-50, and a 250 makes around 42-45. No, I didn''t get exact numbers, I don''t want to waste that much time on you. In the future make your arguments somewhat realistic, and people may respect your opinion.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Do something if your not happy!

JOIN THE AMA!!!!!!!!!!! We are an easy target, and the AMA is one of the few organizations with a loud enough voice to make a difference. There is power in numbers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts