Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
It is getting increasingly hard to buy a new bike. I can't get over how many low mile '03-'04 bikes are out there.

The FZ-1 is probably a ripping bargain for what you get. Getting that much technology and performance for $9100 with out a gun and mask is unbelievable.

I'll hide away $6300 and wait for someone to sell one with all the "toys" on it in 14 months & 2200 miles.

·
Registered
152 Posts
And $1000 more than a 2005 GSX-R600. The 2006 may cost more, but I doubt it'll hit $9000.

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK, I'll go first. I would take the blue over the silver any day. As for the E-shift, Why? Wouldn't that be more suited to a scooter or entry-level bike than thier premier sport-tourer? It seems like an answer to a question that nobody asked.

(Oh, and don't even get me started on the gear-position indicator).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Because all those things make sense for hours of freeway droning on your road trip...how does a semi-auto help you out when you're going 70mph in the same gear and you never have to shift besides stopping for gas/food? :p

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
My wife's new car has a 6 speed auto with steering wheel mounted paddle shifter. Spend most of Labor Day week spanking it in the W. NC Mts. (don't worry...I spend the long labor day weekend spankin my bike, too). Paddle shifters are cool.

Hey, its something interesting and different from Yamaha. Why not? And even better: another year with a premier Sport Tourer in something other than funeral Black or Brick Red. Finally!

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
My car has a clutchless manual or SMG (Sequential Manual Geaerbox) as BMW calls it and it drives me crazy sometimes. The computer can only react to what you do with the throttle and by then you're lurching away from a stop like a 16 year old learning how to drive a stick-shift for the first time.

Plus, what's that Yamaha gearbox going to cost to fix many years down the road when it's out of warranty?

·
Registered
87 Posts
It won't cost anything 'cause you won't be able to get the parts.

I heard (maybe here) that you could cure the world of AIDS by assigning a Yamaha part number. That way, no one could get it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.