Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Disappointment galore. Where did Honda go wrong? I'm sick of sport bikes. I'm sick of big V-twin cruisers. What I really want is an 1100cc to 1300cc V-four shaft-drive 150hp POWER Cruiser. Something that takes a squid on a Ninja by suprise, and leaves them eating exhaust fumes. An 1100cc Magna would be awesome. In fact, bringing back the 83-86 V65 Magna, adding some chrome, anti-lock brakes, fuel injection, undercut transmission, and radial tires is my idea of a dream come true.

I am so sick of lumpy loud V-twin Harley-wannabees. The technology is ANCIENT. Honda has proved time and time again (in the past) that they CAN innovate. In this day and age, they just choose not to take any risks. Rebuild and modify the current line up, squeeze a few more ponies, and that's it. I want to see some radical new designs. I want something that entices me to get rid of my old 84 VF1100C V65 Magna... but it's currently the fastest and best preforming cruiser in the world. 18 years later and Honda still hasn't made anything worthy of the V65 Magna's legacy.

Charles.

(not an anonymous squid)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: One syllable: VALK.

The Valk is a nice bike, but the V65 will spank it and good. What I want is actually a bike that handles like a V65, has the accelleration of a V65, the fuel mileage of a V65, and the seating accomodations of a Corbin. Good damn thing I have everything I want =P But it would always be nice to have MORE of a good thing. A year 2002 V65 (or better yet, V75 or V85), with a little more horsepower, a wider rear wheel, a nice seat, chromed engine cases, undercut gears, and cartridge emulators would be perfect. Hell, even if they just brought out a bike identical to my 1984 V65 Magna, I'd be the first man in the showroom with a check in my hands -- no matter what the cost.

Charles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Obviously, you've never ridden a V65. While the suspension is not that of say, a Busa, the V65 Magna is no slouch. It has basically the same suspension as the sport-tourer V65 Sabre. Anti-dive front forks with adjustable air pressure, and a HUGE ground clearance. I ride mostly with sportbikes, and the turns are not a challenge - especially with radial tires. Stopping is a different story, of course.

And as for cruisers sucking... well, I'll be laughing my ass off at anyone who tries to ride from NC to Sturgis on a crotch rocket. I have the best of both worlds. The power of a sportbike, the comfort of a cruiser, and handling somewhere in-between.

Charles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Silverwing

The CX and GL-650's were ONLY made in 1983. The V45 Magna debuted in 1982, and the V65 in 1983, and that was the end of that line of motorcycles. The CX500 (cruiser or standard style with a 500cc twin just like the 650) began life in 1978. There was also a Turbocharged CX500T and CX650T. The CX500T was the first supercharged production motorcycle in the world, and it's still pretty quick today.

I don't supposed you'd be looking to sell it that Silverwing, would you? Is it full dress or naked? Where are you located? Please drop me an email if you're interested. [email protected]

Charles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts