Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Re: DAMNED BY FAINT PRAISE!!

Progressive is the biggest rip Ive ever seen in my life. Dont believe their lies. They quoted me $2200 a year for my KLR 650, $5000 for my K12RS. I paid $235 for the KLR and $600 elsewhere for the BMW... With much higher coverage...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Re: Year 2002 Kawasaki ZX-12R colors

I looked at a blue one yesterday in a dealer's in Marina Del Rey. However, it was not the lighter blue, but a very dark blue that shines through in the sunlight. Inside it almost looks black and only shows it is blue when the sun catches it. Kinda sparkly.

·
Registered
28 Posts

i bought my 01 ZX-6R for $7500 cash and drove away on it. could've bought a ZX-9R for $7800. SV650's go for $5000... FZ1's $7600. maybe it's all location? insurance is dirt cheap when you own the bike... car insurance on the other hand... that sucks... especially in jersey.

·
Registered
203 Posts

Feel good that you're not in the UK. I can guarentee that the rate for you in the UK would be... "No chance, mate. Buy something smaller" until you were in your late 20's or 30's.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think Huss has a great idea: a comparo of variuos manufacturers' all-round machines.

The VFR and ZX12r are $10K or $11K, what else is out there for that kind of money?... There's Triumph's Daytona (or Sprint), Beemer's R1150R, Aprilia's Falco, etc.

Lots of people can own only one bike. Perhaps they'd like to see how the all-rounders stack up. I sure would.

PS: the links above are not endorsements. Just wanted to show where I got my info.

·
Registered
154 Posts
funny. Other than plastic panels to cover up the cables and wires, the ZX-12R did not seem to me to be missing anything in terms of fit and finish. I absolutely disagree that the ZRX puts the original ZX-12R to shame in that regard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
new 636cc ZX-6R

Good to see Kawi are updating their products. Another important update, the new, greatly refined, bigger bore 636cc ZX-6R is out in the UK and much of the world. Does anyone know when we'll get to buy it here in the US? There's nothing about it on Kawi's US website. As a Kawi fan, I'm looking forward to the new ZX-6R and delaying my upgrade until it's released.

·
Registered
2 Posts

The 2002 ZX12R comes in three colors in Canada - black, red and blue. If it feels comfortable for my 6'5" frame I am going to buy a blue one tomorrow! Check out kawasakicanada.com for the color schemes.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I talked to the Kawa rep at the Seattle motorcycle show in January and he told me that yes they have added another color called Candy Blue, it was added late in ther season, the dealers who normally order their bikes in September where told they could order the Candy Blue in December. Since they couldn't substitute the orders of red and Balck for Blues, there is not likely to be many Blue's around. I sure can't find any around Seattle. The color itself is hard to tell on Pictures, the best ones are available on the German Website www.kawasaki.de

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have not ridden the ZX-12, but a friend of mine has a Hayabusa. It is one thing to read about these bikes, but quite another when I was riding his in the open California desert and twisted it's tail. Tail wagging wheelspin at 110 mph got my attention. I was forcibly reminded that I was no longer riding my far less powerful, pavement grabbing TL1000.

One long respectful roll on and a few gear shifts later I was white lining at an indicated 185 mph and it was still pulling. So I was doing maybe 175 in real time, still I had to remind myself to breathe.

My TL felt awful small, light, and manageable after that. These are sick puppies.

If I had occasion to do some high speed touring of the werstern US again, I would love to do it on this kind of bike. Comfy enough and oh so entertaining on the open road...

41 - 60 of 60 Posts