Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
"There has been no decision to produce the Dodge Tomahawk," Chrysler design spokesman Sam Locricchio told Leftlane News. "The vehicle remains a design exercise to underscore — in an extreme fashion — the performance elements that make up the Dodge brand," Mr. Locricchio said. "[The Tomahawk is] purely a concept to date." Upon further research, it seems the weblog that started the Tomahawk rumor was citing outdated information from shortly after the concept's debut.

·
Registered
145 Posts
In the Cycle World article published on it's appearance, it was revealed that the those videos were shot in an abandoned michigan steel mill. the rider is former AMA flat track Nat'l champ Bubba Shobert. he talked about how the swing arms at both ends were locked into the parallel position (rendering it, dynamically, similar to a reallty-narrow-track Quad), and the bike could only ride straight up and down, and at the end of each straight pass past the camera, they'd carefully do a mutli-point turn, and he'd make another pass.

at one point, he tried carefully riding the thing around a turn at the end, but a tire caught a crack int eh old beat-up pavement, and the thing (which weighs 1500 lbs) tipped right over.

I have seen other viodeos of the tomahawk banking and turning, with teh fonrt arms scissoring as they are designed to, but with the rear arms locked parallel: the bike turns, the front arms scissor keeping both fronts onthe road surface, but the outside rear tire lifts off the ground.

I no longer have the link to those videos, unfortunately. I'll try to to find it.

the thing is a fricken carnival ride, for sure.

·
Registered
540 Posts
So I was out riding the twisties the other day thinking "you know what would make this bike handle better, more wheels".

I too want to know the KPPI on this.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
kPPI

not real good the cost is just to high...to be competive the price has to go down to below 100,000 dollars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.