Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Those job cuts were going to happen regardless of any Union agreement. I guess it was a formality.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"States like Utah and Texas with more business friendly environments are reaping big gains from those kicked-in-the-head States."

You mean 'business friendly like this??

Wal-Mart to pay $40M to workers in Mass. - Yahoo! News

Classic statement:

"Resolving this litigation is in the best interest of our company, our shareholders and our associates. These cases were filed years ago, and the allegations are not representative of the company we are today," Wal-Mart spokeswoman Daphne Moore said.

So what kind of company are they today? Better?? :rolleyes:

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"but H-D had been raping their customer base for 7 or 10+ years selling the bikes so far above fair market value (as determined by H-D themselves)"

So if they were above 'fair market value', how exactly did they sell any? I don't want to say that this was a stupid statement until you answer.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"I guess anything is worth what you can get for it, as they clearly demonstrated"

And you would demonstrate the same thing if your bike was suddenly worth 8 grand more on the open market than you paid for it. Of course, you would be a nice guy and sell it at the 'fair market value' right? :rolleyes:

"cant blame someone with a 07 or 08 electra owing 20K being bitter when the 2010's are sitting there right now for 21K."

So would the Honda owners of VFR's that paid 11K for their bike last year be pi$$ed that Honda is selling them for under 8 grand this year? Did Honda 'rape' their customers then? Harley didn't discount their bikes. The guy that paid more than list did so becuase he wanted the bike. If he's pi$$ed off, he should look in the mirror as to why he overpaid. Harley sold the same amount of bikes no matter what the price was: all of them, so I don't get your 'point'. If you don't want one, and think they are overpriced, then don't buy one. If you pay over list, then be prepared to have paid too much for a product that may not be worth that much in the near future.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"heres a stretch.."

Yes it is. Don't bother to go there. Kiddie toys at 3 bucks are hardly comparable to a 20+ grand purchase. You also have to examine who was profiting and why. I knew people that would 'buy' 7 or 8 new Harleys a year and sell them to people for a 3 grand profit per unit. If you were a Harley dealer, how would you feel about that? I know what I would do, and that would be to charge the 3 grand over list and make that money myself. I guess you would just sell these people bikes and let them make the extra cause that's the kinda guy you are.

"I want to say I'm not bashing H-D although it may appear that way and nothing personal against yours or anyones personal decisions. I love motorcycles in general more then I love the badge on the tank."

Actually, you did bash H-D. It didn't just appear that way, you just did it. If you don't care about the badge on the tank, great. I have nothing against your personal decisions either, but to claim that H-D 'raped' their customers for 10 years wasn't exactly a bright statement to say the least. I could easily make the same claim against almost every motorcycle manufacturer.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"When he rode away, he was the happiest guy in Fort Lauderdale."

How is that possible when you guys raped him?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Hmmm. I didn't know that Walmart represented the entire US economy. "

What they represent is why Unions are still needed today after all those abuses supposedly went away. Sad isn't it?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
It doesn't matter if they are stuck at some crappy job. The same basic laws shoould be applied equally. It isn't a matter of job status, but fairness and following the laws. If companies won't do it, then someone needs to do it for them. Big boxes are hardly the only ones that skirt the law. The way they all were doing it in Illinois was to make everyone a salaried worker. That way they could avoid all the overtime laws. Illinois has since changed the law so they can't dodge that one. I never knew a company that had a Union rammed down their throat. The ones that got them easily deserved them with the crap they pulled. Don't want a Union? Then quit screwing the employees! Checks and balances works for me. Been on both sides of the table.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
he was raped hog tied, no lube no reach arround raped
14K for a sportster = rape
cashing out 401K for any motorcycle = stupidity
Really? I guess you hold yourself up as the ultimate smartest motorcycle rider? Is that what you are implying?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"And how does one make sure the laws are followed? "

Simply by having available legal representation at work and the bagaining table, which Unions provide. That's how. That way, the company can't pull any crap in negotiations or in the day to day operations. Of course, I have heard management howl like stuck pigs when our lawyers would show up during negotiations. How unfair we were! If you are a normal employee and find them violating laws, what exactly are you going to do about it? You going to use YOUR money to fight it? :rolleyes:

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
this has nothing to do with riding skills these are financial decisions and common sence
you seem as bitter as I would be if I owed over MSRP dont blame me for it
I won't blame you. Your Harley envy is obvious. Of course, if I bought a wanna-be-a-Harley, I'd be envious too.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"listen I could buy anything I want and wouldt have to finance it to do it,"

That's what you should have done then instead of calling everyone else 'raped' and 'stupid'. Two kinds of stupid: The one that you think is stupid by buying what he REALLY wants, and the one that buys something becuase it was cheap.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"I could have yours if I wanted it "

But you don't, and it looks like you regret it every post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts