Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I rode this road before I moved to the states.. great road.

Just wanted to point out, that I've ridden roads as good here. Utah, New Mexico, Colorado and especially Northern California and Oregon have all shown me beautiful roads, friendly people and a wonderful lack of traffic. I especially love some of the traffic signs I've seen. One of the best was a bullet peppered sign saying "Twisty road next 128 miles"

Maybe I sould send in some of these routes to you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh yes.. and no convoys of 30mph beemers here... in the USA people buy beemers to ride. Germans do the Harley thing with them. My bemer has been over 3 sisters offroad, through the walley of the gods, again offroad, up the oregon trail and, and, and. Ok, so it;s not supposed to go this much offroad, but my attitude is "It cost so much, it damn well should" It's worked so far.

Actually I accidentally threw it off the side of a hill once (don't park bike's downhill, facing the edge,, yea right) and drive it home depsite watching it bounce 100 feet down the hill. No repairs other than some new oild and a WHOLE BUNCH OF SCRATCHES.

I did get arrested trying to get to the northern rim of the grand canjon out of season (I'd gone in though the trails and the snow) but got off becuase I'm scottish. (He thought I was visiting)

My point in all these ramblings... there are some bloody great roads within a few hundred miles of us here. Europe is great, (I should know) and if you;ve never been - go and race, But there's too many cops, people and camper vans and the roads here are often more "out there"

Oh yea... except the roads in northern scotland. You ain;t ridden anything untill you've ridden off into the back of the beyound for 50 miles in the pissing rain on an empty and unlighted road, just to get to a pub where some bird MAYBE likes you, and uf she doesn;t, you don;t undertand a word anyway.

Scots girls RULE.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.