Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wow, this bike is exactly what I was looking for about two years ago. Guzzi anounced it not too long after I'd purchased my R1150R.

Oh well, even if Yossef doesn't like the boxer engine, I'm digging my roadster.

These new Guzzi's sure sound sweet, though. Maybe I'll be ready for a new bike when the MGS-powered Breva shows up.

Great review, Yossef.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hokey Smokes, Bullwinkle!

A Guzzi that actually works? Hmmm. Just when you think that the world is going to perdition on a chopper built by an actual moron, something like this happens.

What a nice way to end up my work day.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
daily commuting is screaming my name once again. guess i'm done with my bobber stage.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Guzzi is underrated in the U.S. market. Hopefully the new products will allow M-G to rebuild their North American dealer body and give BMW some serious competition. I have my eye on a new Griso.

Yossef, I like my R1100S boxer, but prefer my matte black '01 California for its SOUL. I feel like I'm preserving a piece of M-Gs ancient factory in my garage.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I've looked at Moto-guzzi over the past 4-5 years when bike shopping. They are beautiful to look at, they sound right, but once I sit on them the passion is lost. I can't tell you why, they just don't "fit."

·
Registered
180 Posts
It reminds me of the last Buell Cyclone (which I really liked the looks of). But DAMN! Nearly $12,000?! I'd recommend waiting a couple or three years and then buy a leftover '06 from the poor American Guzzi dealer that wished he sold Harleys instead (at least that's what the Guzzi market is like where I live).

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Looks like a nice enough bike, but a Moto Guzzi, for me, is just an interesting oddity here in the states. We have all of one dealer here in Illinois, and I guess if he gives up, you are pretty much SOL. I guess if you REALLY need to be different, you need one if these.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So, I am contemplating a more upright bike than my VFR for two up touring (yeah, I know). How are these naked sport-tourers (breva, r1150r) for longer distances compared to a full faired bike like the VFR. I have been thinking about an FJR or V-Strom but something like this is quite appealing as well if I don't think about cold temps and rain. This thing does have the V-twin thing going for it (my other bike is an SV650s). Plus, it's Italian!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I also remember the R1150R as very low. Once a friend rented one for touring and we exchanged mounts a few times. Every time I got off the Z750 I was riding and hop on the beemer I would tell myself "This is a chopper!"

Ever thought about getting a higher seat for that R? I think this is an option.

Yes, Breva is a bit better in that sense.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.