Motorcycle Forums banner

You asked for it: My Buell experience.

30K views 127 replies 42 participants last post by  pdad13 
Excellent Review

Thanks for sharing. I whinned to Sean about your review and it seems to have helped get your story pass the the longride.com filter.

Excellent analysis. I have to admit I want to love the Buell but fear I will be disappointed if I ride one and thus dive into my cynical triade about how American management is running this country with its bottom line short-term anti tech mentality. Your review has inspired me to go for it. Thanks pdad13. Good work

Interesting stuff

Fascinating, thanks for sharing this. I often look at the Buell site and the race kit and other accessory stuff intrigued me. I assume the variable valve tech you speak of is the muffler in the XB-12 which Motorcyclist said was a performance thing. Interesting that the race muffler doesn't have it i.e. must be pollution thing like you said. I wonder how much horse power and torque you have now. The synthetic oil is a good tip as well.

Thanks again, really interesting. Keep us Buell on the fencers updated.

Re: Excellent Review

"As opposed to what? The excellent management practices in Italy?" No I was thinking Japan. In a poll of a workers of a U.S. plant of a larget aerospace concern under possible sale, most would prefer that their plant be sold to a Japanese company. In fact many of those workers who had worked for a Japanese company before coming to this U.S. company, said Japanese management techniques were superior, less confrontational, and had good long-term vision. The average Japanese executive/manager gets paid a fraction of his U.S. counterpart but is 4 times more productive.

Put a Honda or Suzuki Twin in this bike at it sells like crazy.

I agree its the engine. But Harley won't do anything about it. i.e short-term American management says "Hey we can sell them this way and make a profit why change". You know that at the price they are charging $10,000 the mark up is considerable. Consider the average Japanese Hi-Tech 600 ss is about $8000.

Some updates to your info. (Jet subhunter and new cargo plane)

"And the Navy still uses the lockheed turboprop Electra based Orion subhunters " This is about the change, Navy is about to select the winner of the new subhunter contract. One of the designs is based on a Boeing 737. See Multimission Maritime Aircraft

Also the C-17 jet is gradually replacing the role of both the C-130 and C-141. i.e. it can do both. see Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.