Motorcycle Forums banner

You asked for it: My Buell experience.

30K views 127 replies 42 participants last post by  pdad13 
Thanks for the review, real world and well written.

Sorry about the S. Fl. straight roads, been there, dun dat. The 7mile bridge is a cool ride.

Still sounds like a bit of a kludged together bike, but it does have the "don't see one every day" factor.

You see, this makes the decision harder. The bikes are the same, but ones bored out, with a lower rev limit. Ones revs better, but makes less power. They both weigh about the same, so whats the real difference?

Clarify some more, oh great sage.

I have never complained about reving a bike to get it going, and I don't understand the big deal about having to shift. Its part of the feel of riding a motorcyle. The interaction with the machine, the tactile feel of shifting, turning, moving around on it thats makes it more enjoyable than any other land vehicle.

I guess some people just want an automatic transmission on their bike.

Anyway, what is the practical difference between the 9 and the 12, then whats the gut tell you?

With the well written review of the Buell, I'd take another snapshot review by your hand. So anytime you get to spend some saddle time on any new, or unique bike, send a story on in to MO. If its half as good as this one, they'll probably publish it (and if you didn't lie to us, this was done at 3:00 am with no sleep, not to shabby either).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.