Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I never have really cared for V-4's. They kinda sound like an asthmatic lawnmower.

Faves are any twin, parallel or v, straight 3's and straight 4's.

~Rob

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
A Honda SL90 with a straight pipe.

That or a Go Devil folding minibike with a 50cc TAS motor. Like a weed wacker hooked to a torque converter....bwaaaaaaaa bwaaaaaa bwaaaaaaa... can drive people to acts of violence.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The best and the worst is a Harley Davidson depending on how much baffleage there is between the cylinder heads and the exhaust opening. Straight pipes and compulsive revvers make me want to crush, kill and destroy!

An air cooled desmo with Remus cans sounds awesome.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I once had the "pleasure" of walking behind a straight piped Boss Hoss as the fecal-brained owner coaxed it to life. I nearly ducked for cover, the thing was louder than shotgun. The jackhole had this stupid grin on his face, knowing he just pissed off a couple hundred people. My ears were ringing for a while and all afternoon I got looks of disdain because I happened to be carrying my helmet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Certainly not all, but alot of the boxer engined beemers sound like a sewing machine to me. I'm not a huge fan of stunt canned inline 4s either.

The best? Either an air cooled Duc with Termis or Remus cans (or virtually any of the 90 degree twins), any of the three cylinder beasts at full wail with a race can, or a narrow angle V with just enough baffling to keep it from being obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm.

Least fav: ST1300 with stock exhast and any oil-head R bike with stock exhaust (they sound really, really, really bad)

Favs: Norton Rotary, non-VTEC VFR with aftermarket pipe/can, and Triumph 3-cyl with aftermarket pipe/can

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.