Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
OK, I am no-longer angry because Hon-DUH refuses to bring a cool bike like the CBR125R to the US - I am feckin' Righteously CHEESED!

The YZF-R125, the CBR125R, the VTR-250.......

Bikes this size once sold by the tens of thousands! These are orders of magnitude better bikes than those old ones EVER were! WTF is WRONG with the American buyer? Since the early '90s, smallbore-bike choices have diminished to almost nothing.

You go to a dirt-track, and say "I'd like to start dirt-riding, mebbe this 450 would be a good beginner bike" and you'll be openly-derided and no less than ten experienced riders will attempt to advise you to go with a 125 or smaller (and you'll have an assload of choices, too!).

Take every single one of those people, plunk them down at bike night for some Bar, ask "the question" and you'll have responses range from 1200cc cruisers to 600cc supersports. Maybe one person might point to an EX500 or the 250 (and just because he saw the new one on MO!).

Are we really that shallow? Or is it the Japanese manufacturers are really that dense and blind?

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Is this a test?

OK, I am no-longer angry because Hon-DUH refuses to bring a cool bike like the CBR125R to the US - I am feckin' Righteously CHEESED!

The YZF-R125, the CBR125R, the VTR-250.......

Bikes this size once sold by the tens of thousands! These are orders of magnitude better bikes than those old ones EVER were! WTF is WRONG with the American buyer? Since the early '90s, smallbore-bike choices have diminished to almost nothing.

You go to a dirt-track, and say "I'd like to start dirt-riding, mebbe this 450 would be a good beginner bike" and you'll be openly-derided and no less than ten experienced riders will attempt to advise you to go with a 125 or smaller (and you'll have an assload of choices, too!).

Take every single one of those people, plunk them down at bike night for some Bar, ask "the question" and you'll have responses range from 1200cc cruisers to 600cc supersports. Maybe one person might point to an EX500 or the 250 (and just because he saw the new one on MO!).

Are we really that shallow? Or is it the Japanese manufacturers are really that dense and blind?
Answer: All of the above.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no plans on riding it on the freeway.

But, yeah, I understand why some bikes don't make it over here. Our driving conditions are completely different than Europe.

But I do plan on taking a look at the new 250R. If it's not too cramped it would be a blast on the roads around here.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
I have no plans on riding it on the freeway.

But, yeah, I understand why some bikes don't make it over here. Our driving conditions are completely different than Europe.

But I do plan on taking a look at the new 250R. If it's not too cramped it would be a blast on the roads around here.
Even if you don't plan on being on the freeway, sometimes you have to be on the freeway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.